(9) The First Move In

You're welcome to listen to the song above for this chapter. I felt it was somewhat - suiting for the upcoming scene I guess. Enjoy!
_____________________________________

I sighed as I laid in bed. After Jason, Theo, Tori and Marcus were picked up we were each assigned to our own rooms. My room was surprisingly big. Something that would remind me of a suite. And maybe it was.

I had my own bathroom, a view of the gorgeous city that were just laying beneath my feet and my own closet, it was filled with dresses and clothes all in my size. Sighing, I stood up to walk closer to the windows that covered the entire wall. I sat down on the couch which was positioning forward to the view. I rested my head on the couch as I watched several different cars move back and fourth.

Maybe if I'd taken my mom with me I wouldn't be in this position. In a position whereas I have to work with the enemy to save the people I love. Was I really that stupid to agree to this? Obviously not, I did this to protect AJ. In all fairness it was my duty to do so.

I still lack proper defense and striking skills, yet I was positioned in a mission which the outcome could be death. I sighed big time before closing my eyes.

It's 2 AM and I couldn't sleep. I had to be up in two hours. I know how easily my mom would fix that, stroke my cheek and sing our song. In all honesty that's exactly what I needed.

I don't know how many thoughts and minutes passed by, but I eventually fell in a deep sleep.

_____________________________________

Nows the part where you play the song above, if wanted of course

I'd gotten ready to fight with Kai, we had been assigned the only training room in the mansion which was huge.

''You ready?'' Kai asked as he wrapped the kumpur around his hand and in between each finger. I nodded, just finished wrapping my own.

My hair was in a bun, because Tai would always tell me to not let my hair down, because it would be distracting and annoying to move out of the face, and not have a ponytail, because the target could easily get a hold of it.

Kai was already in the ring jumping a little to get light on his feet as he threw some punches in the air. I slid under the strings and rolled into the ring.

I stood up before Kai with both my shoulders facing him. Back foot bent slightly at a 45 degree angle. I slightly lean forward on the front foot, tilting forward making myself ready to spring into action. Both hands are up to protect my face, that was a rule Tai had taught Kai and I while we were fighting.

I took a deep breath while bringing my hands up, just in time as Kai sprang towards me to throw a punch to my right side. I quickly blocked it, pushing his incoming hands away from my face.

I ducked under him to hug his waist. I swiftly use my upper body as well as all my force to punch his sides repeatedly. His grunt was low but easily heard.

Kai took the opportunity to bring his knee up to my stomach, hitting once, twice, thrice and then one last time till I was unlocked from him. Pain winced through my stomach as I placed my palms on my stomach while trying to get a grip of my breath.

I let out a not-so-inconvinient cough. A smirk appeared on his face, and I decided that it was my turn to attack. Springing towards him with my elbows up to protect my face, I place a punch on his face which he was too slow to block.

I hit once more, but was blocked this time. He took a grip of my neck and dug his nails in as he punched me in the stomach with his free hand. I'm losing. With another wince of pain I punch his face which wasn't blocked due to him being too focused on his punching.

With my punch being thrown, he was pushed back. We both breathed rapidly. He smiled at me which quickly faded as a voice was heard behind us.

''Wow that was really good!'' It was an unfamiliar female voice. I turned around to find a tall blonde girl standing next to Elijah, who was standing even taller than the blonde girl.

I couldn't help but wonder what he was doing with another female. I rolled my eyes at the thought as I realized what I was thinking.

''Thanks'' Kai replied as the blondie and Elijah walked towards the ring. His eyes fixated on me and my every move.

The woman leans on the strings as she pulls her hand out keeping her eyes on Kai. He walks towards her and shakes her hand. She turns her gaze to mine and completely ignores it to turn her gaze back to Elijah.

Bitch.

Kai turns around to look at me to give me that side eye look. I know damn well what that side eye means, he thinks she's corny for only shaking his hand.

I smile a smile that looks like I'm about to burst out laughing. And before I could stop myself I laugh out loud. Everyones eyes turn to me and Kai joins me, laughing. I quickly stop myself as I realize she's giving me a dirty look.

''Do you want something or are you going to keep giving me dirty looks?'' I threw at her, I'll be damned if I let some random chick give me dirty looks.

Her eyes widened at my question, looks like it's the first time she's been exposed for her dirty looks. Her cheeks rose up as her embarrassment got the best of her.

''No I just don't see why you're laughing'' she replied back. ''You don't need to, the laugh wasn't meant for you'' Kai replied before I could speak up. Her cheeks once again flustered with embarrassment. Her lips parted as she was about to speak before a loud gunshot stopped her.

My eyes widened at the sight of her falling to the ground and a pool of blood surrounded her. ''God she was annoying'' a low and dark voice occured. It was Elijah who spoke.

He turned around picking up his phone while he walked away. ''There's a body in the training room, get rid of it'' That was the last thing I heard before he left the room.

I turned around to meet Kai's gaze, he was as shocked as I was. This wasn't the first time any of us had seen a person die infront of us, but it certainly was the first time we were shocked by it.

''Enough training for one day?'' He asked, his gaze not leaving me. I nodded.

 ꔫ - Hi guys, I hope you enjoyed this, please leave a vote for support, thank you!<3