(8) The First Collide

We had been escorted to the same room as I was when Elijah and I first talked. His office. He sat on his chair with his legs wide apart. I sat before him with Kai sitting next to me.

"Either you work with us, or you work against us." I scoffed, this is getting ridiculous. There is no way I am working with him.

I lent myself forward to rest my elbows on his desk. His eyes not breaking mine as he watched my every move. "Absolutely not, I'd rather work against you" I answered with a smile.

"Taylor" he said, breaking eye contact as he motioned for his lead guard to approach him. Taylor was the only one in there beside Elijah that was not wearing a mask. He had blonde hair and green eyes, he reminded me of greenie. They looked ridicously similar.

Taylor brought up his phone and walked closer to me. He stood still standing only half a meter away from me to then finally show me the phone screen. For gods sake.

On the screen a video was played. A video of a guy walking down the street. What does this have to do with me?

Suddenly the guy turned around and I stood still realizing the familiar guy walking down the street. It was AJ.

I took a deep breath to steady myself and my next words, because this could end very wrong, very quickly. I turned my gaze from the screen as my jaw clenched. Taylor withdrew to his position, right side behind Elijah.

My gaze followed Taylor as he moved. It then shifted back to Elijah, who I just now realized was still watching my every move.

I took a breath to finally speak up.

"What makes you think we would be interested in working with you, you killed my family and now you're holding my brother captive" I interrupted, spitting even more for each word. I can't believe this jackass thinks I would want any help from him.

"I didn't kill your family, Eleodore" I winced at his confession. My eyes grew wide as he continued. "Do you really think I was 15 when I killed your parents?" When he put it like that it made no sense, but then once again, I saw him, there was no explanation for that.

I shook my head unwillingly, refusing to believe his words.

"You're lying" I finally got out. "I'm not. There were two mafias who both entered your home the day your parents died. We had no intentions of killing your mother, but your father was another case." He stopped, waiting for any emotion to encounter my face, but I wasn't going to give him that.

He continued "Your father had promised us his part of mafia when he died, he broke that promise. Trust me if he hadn't died I wouldn't be coming after you, but him only. You probably already know that I own the biggest mafia in the world. Your father's mafia comes right after ours."

"So why don't you just kill me and claim the mafia right here, right now?" I asked, curious as ever. I don't know why, but I was hoping he wouldn't do any of those. Not in fear of death, but in fear of AJ and his future.

"Trust me we have tried in the past, but to my understanding it seems that Tai took over and hid you, which is his speciality of course. There were no words of you, not even any documents of your existence. They said you died with your parents." He answered still gazing at me with his intense stare.

That made no sense to me. I saw him and only him, and I saw him go out of the same room my parents were murdered in

"Then if you didn't kill my parents, who did?" I tilted my head and clasped my hands together above my stomach.

His gaze, still as intense as before followed my hands. He looked back at my face with no emotions. ''That I don't know, but if you agree to do this, I'll help you find out who did it'' he answered.