40: Unbreakable Snowflake

The Demon Slayers.

Humans who were trained to stand and fight against humans who had had given up their humanity to become demons in order to protect the human race.

Learning to master the blade to eradicate demons in a quick, effective way was something that took many years of practice and concentration to build up to possibly becoming a Hashira.

A Pillar─a warrior feared by demons almost as much as they feared the sun. A beacon of hope and light in the darkest of nights.

That was what you strived to be. You wanted to do everything to help ensure that innocent people were protected and safe from a demon's bloodlust.

But mainly, you wanted to aid, support, and fight alongside your lover.

The Flame Hashira, Kyōjurō Rengoku!

Your determination─driven out by the love and passion you felt for him and the people you'd come to know and cherish.

Throughout your entire life, you've always been weak, even with your curse, you always been helpless.

But now, you felt stronger and more confident.

"Dance of the Bee Sting: True Flutter!"

*Clash*

You struggled a bit as you managed to block Shinobu's fast attack with your wooden staff. If she had been using her real sword─you would be dead.

Luckily, since you were just sparing, she was going easy on you...kind of. Indeed, the girl was extremely fast─faster than a shooting star. But, with the proper training, you learned to be just as quick.

"Excellent work, (Name)-chan. You were able to block my attack!" She commented, giving her trademark smile.

"Hiyahh!" You let out a fierce yell, doing a whirling backspin to throw her back.

Shinobu quickly did a backflip into the air, effortlessly dodging your attack before flash-stepping away─giggling as she did so.

You took another defensive stance, taking a deep breath to keep your breathing circulation under control.

For the past several weeks of non-stop training, Kyōjurō had wanted to advance your training sessions by pushing you to your absolute limits to see just how far you can go.

And what better way than to allow you to spare with the fastest and strongest Pillars of the Demon Slayer Corps.

You felt multiple eyes on you from within the shadows. Each one calculating their next move as the atmosphere grew cold and snow fell from all around you─a result of your Winter breathing style.

It was far from easy, as it signaled a warning to your opponents that you were a force to be reckoned with.

Instinctively, you quickly whirled your staff along the side of your body, before sweeping it along the dirt, releasing a swift dust strike─which was then followed by a low cough from behind you.

"Nice try, Tengen!" You gave a smug smile, not glancing behind you.

"Seriously, how'd you hear me?" The Sound Hashira asks.