Chapter Fourteen

Hey Guys, I know that this is about three days late, and I'm sorry, but please ENJOY!

“Sah’nai!” I hear my Mother shriek and I stumbled a few steps back because she was supposed to be at work and I didn’t know that she was home.

            I watch as she runs into the foyer and I frown when she throws her arms around me and squeezes tightly. I pat my Moms back awkwardly; unable to move my arms because hers were on top of mine.

“I’m okay Mom,” I say feeling a little guilty for making her worry about me, but at the same time, she was supposed to be at work. If I would have known she was at home and waiting for me I would have called and told her where I was. “I was with Aiden.”

“Oh?” she asks finally letting me go and moving back.

“Yeah. Rhianan didn’t tell you?” I ask looking over her shoulder and into the living room entrance where Rhi stood, shrugging when I gave her a look.

            I knew what that shrug meant. She had tried to tell my Mom but she was too worried about my where abouts that nothing could get her to calm down.

            My mom looked sheepish, and I grinned because I was right.

            As I was about to move out of the foyer and into the living room with Rhianan the front door opened and I looked over my shoulder to see Jasmine, who glared at me before slamming the front door shut, and stomped pass us and up the stairs to her room; slamming that door also.

“What got into her?” Dad asked coming from out of nowhere.

“I don’t know but I’m about to find out,” my mom says moving away angrily with a scowl on her face.

“No Mom, let me go check on her,” I say putting my hand on her shoulder.

“Okay.”

“And let your sister know that she’s in trouble.”

“Yeah Dad,” I said while walking up the stairs to my little sister’s room.

            Jasmine and I had always been close, and we used to tell each other everything. But that all changed after my first year of high school. We’d become more distant everyday and it wasn’t until recently that we’d begun to get close again; like how we used to. And now that things were like how they were before I wasn’t going to let us drift apart again. In this time now, I needed her in my life more than anything.

“Jasmine?” I asked knocking on her door.

“Go away Sah’nai.”

I opened her door anyway, and peeked around the corner to see that she was lying on her bed, her back to me.

“What’s wrong Jazz?” I asked moving to sit next to her on the bed.

“I want to be alone right now Sah’nai. I’ll talk to you later,” Jasmine replies in a dismissive tone.

“You know I’m not going to leave you alone until you answer me and you know that.”

            She sits up and frowns at me.

“Are you mad at me?” I asked, because I was curious and I wanted to know why she would be mad at me.

            I think that it might have had something to do about us not hanging out so much anymore. To be honest, if I was in her position I would have felt the same also.

“A little bit,” Jasmine said as she grabbed the pillow from behind her back and began to pull against the strings of the fluffy case.

“Why? What did I do?”