Chapter Three

Sorry it's short, but enjoy!

Chapter Three

The next day on Saturday morning, my mom woke me up telling me that she had to go back to work and she was called in early, so I had to go to the pharmacy and get my prescription filled.

I wasn't really a morning person, so my mom began to bribe me with my favorite breakfast to wake me up, and when that didn't wake me up, she literally dragged me out of my bed.

"Mom," I whined, crossing my arms over my chest, as I currently sat on the floor, my mint green and chocolate covers a mess around me on the floor, as I pouted.

"Come on Sah'nai," My mom said putting her hands on her hips. "We go through this everyday. I swear, you're so much like your father," she muttered under her breath, shaking her head.

I stood up, grabbing my covers and threw them onto my bed grumpily, then stomped across the hall into the bathroom.

"Hurry up and go Nai before they get busy," mom called from the closed door.

"Yeah, yeah," I called out as I began to wash my face.

"I'll go and make you kids breakfast."

"Okay."

Once I finished washing my face I hurriedly brushed my teeth before my mom came back up the stairs and began yelling, like she always did when she thought that I had fallen back to sleep.

I trudged my way down the stairs slowly, and entered the kitchen to see everyone already in there except Jasmine, and a plate waiting for me next to Robert.

As I sat down, he nudged me with his elbow, and like we do every morning, I elbowed him back, though in the ribs.

"Ouch, squirt! That hurt," Robert said teasingly.

"Well, maybe you should keep that rusty elbow of yours to yourself."

"And you should keep that scrawny little, pointy little one to yourself," he said waggling his pointing finger at me, poking me in my ribs.

"Oh shush!" I exclaimed smirking, as I snapped my fingers. "Oh yeah, I almost forgot! Daddy has some sandpaper out back in the tool shed, if you want to smooth out though rough elbows," I said playfully.

"Oh squirt. You know I love you SO much," Robert said as he hooked his right arm around my neck and messed up my hair with the other.

"Robert, Sah'nai! Stop it," my dad scolded laughing, while my mom looked on with a small smile and an amused expression on her face.

At that point Jasmine decided to show up, and we began eating our breakfast, occasionally teasing each other in between bites.

Once breakfast was over, I got up from the table and made my way upstairs and into the bathroom, so that I could take a shower before heading out. After my shower I made my way into my room, making up my messy bed so that I could air dry, and once I was done, I went towards my closet to find today's outfit.

Since it was windy, and looked like it was about to rain, and I wasn't really going anywhere, I decided in something simple. Throwing on a pair of light blue artfully faded and ripped skinny jeans, dark blue undershirt, and sheer button down shirt, along with my black ankle boots.

I made it to the Super Pharmacy in less than twenty minutes, and much to my luck there was only one other person in line, but it seemed like it took them forever to get through with him.

I sighed in happiness when I stepped towards the register.

"Sorry about that. There was a little mix up back there," the cashier, whose name tag read Damien, said smiling kindly.