Chapter Sixteen

Hello everyone! Please reads the Author's Note at the end.

I woke up, the place on the bed next to me empty. Aiden was gone, and I frowned as I clearly remembered him saying that he wouldn’t ever leave me.

            As I was about to get out of bed I saw a piece of notebook paper lying on top of my book. It was in Aiden’s elegant and cursive font.

Dear Sah’nai,

            I know I said that I wouldn’t ever leave you, but both your parents came in to check on you and I didn’t want you to get in trouble for letting a boy stay the night in the same bed as you. I went home, but I’ll be calling you later. Maybe we can do something together?

                                                                        Yours,

                                                                                    Aiden

            I smiled as I reached my hands over my head and stretched my body. Casting a look out my window as I was exiting my room, I saw that is was raining and I almost frowned. I wasn’t going to let anything ruin my day because I got to see Aiden.

“Good morning,” I said to everyone with a yawn once I was finished brushing my teeth and using the bathroom.

“Good morning,” Dad said.

“You’re in a good mood today,” Mom says smiling.

“Aren’t I everyday?” I asked smiling back.

“No,” said Robert and I pushed him.

“I am,” I say piling scrambled eggs onto my plate along with a few pieces of bacon.

“Will you be okay by yourself today Sah’nai?”

“Yeah Mom,”

“Will you call either your father or me if you need us?”

“Uh, I’m probably hanging out with Aiden today so I’ll be good.”

“Doesn’t he go to school?” Jasmine asked and I froze, realizing what I just said.

I sit there quietly and think of a quick excuse. “Oh, I forgot today was a school day,” I say lying lamely with a frown.

“But he hasn’t been coming to school for the past couple of weeks,” Robert pointed out.

I glared at him. “He goes to another school.”

“Why? Didn’t he like it there?” Mom asked.

“Not really. He said he didn’t like the people there, so when I left, he left.” I explain. It wasn’t the truth but it wasn’t a complete lie.

“He must like you if he changed schools,” Dad muttered with a scowl.

“Oh hush,” Mom said waving a hand dismissively at Dad. “Of course he likes her.”

“Does he like his new school?’ Jazz asked.

‘I don’t know. I only just started talking to him yesterday,” I say with a shrug, ready to change the topic.

            An hour later everyone left. Mom and Dad went to work, and Robert and Jasmine went to school, while I sat in the living room, flicking through channels, looking for something to watch. Annoyed and bored I settled on Charmed.