Chapter Fifteen

Sorry it's short.

Rhianan went back to Robert once we were done talking. Some best friend she was. But it was okay because I supported their relationship as long as they didn’t do anything in front of me.

            So to spend the time until dinner I helped my Dad make dinner like we always used to do before I got sick. I began working on preparing the salad while he seasoned and cook the steak.

“So how have you and Aiden been?” my Dad asked and I looked over my shoulder at him, but he wasn’t looking at me, instead he was focused on the stove.

“Why does everybody keep asking me about Aiden today? Do you guys know something that I don’t?”

“No. I’m just curious. You’re my baby girl and he’s your first boyfriend I want to know how your relationship is going.”

“We broke up about two weeks ago,” I say slicing a cucumber on the cutting board.

“What?”

“Mom didn’t tell you?” I asked looking over my shoulder again.

My Dad looked at me frowning. “She might have mentioned it, but I wanted to hear it from you. You used to tell me things before you told your Mom. I don’t like not knowing things that’s going on in my daughter’s life. I’m your father.”

“I’m sorry Daddy,” I say feeling sorry because my Dad and I did used to be really close.

“So what happened?”

“He wasn’t being honest with me.”

“You shouldn’t be with someone who isn’t honest with you. What type of relationship do you think you would have if he can’t tell you things? If he’s keeping secrets from you he isn’t the right guy for you because he’s not going to be an honest person.”

“Dad,” I drawl rolling my eyes. “He told me his secret today and I can see why he didn’t tell me. I know everything about him now.” I explained evasively.

“So what’s his secret?”

“Dad what makes you think I will tell you if he didn’t even tell me at first?”

“Because I’m your Father and I can forbid you from seeing him.”

“But you wouldn’t do that Daddy,” I say kissing his cheek as I set the salad on the counter and covered it with a lid.

“Nope, I couldn’t take it if you stopped talking to me so I’ll let you keep seeing Caiden.”

“It’s Aiden Dad and you know it,” I say smiling as I began walking out of the kitchen.

“Set the table before you tell everyone dinner is ready!” he called out after me.

“Okay Dad.” I say turning back around to get the plates and silverware that we eat with out of the cabinets.

            I walk into the dinning room and began to set the table for six since Rhianan was staying for dinner, and once I was done I walked up the stairs to my parents room to get my mom.

            I found her sitting on their king sized bed holding a picture album in her hand.

“Hey Mom, dinner’s ready,” I say knocking on the door softly.

“Okay,” she says wistfully.

“What are you looking at?” I asked moving closer to the bed, peering over her shoulder.

            She was looking at an old photo album. There were three photos that she was looking at in particular and I smiled as I saw them also. The photo at the top was of Robert when he was about three months old. He had a head full of shockingly dark hair, bright green eyes and a chubby face. He was so cute. The next photo was of me, and I had to admit that I was pretty cute too with my light brown curly hair and my green eyes. Last was Jasmine and I thought that she was the prettiest baby out of us all. She had wavy black hair, big and round hazel eyes and at only about two months old she was smiling at the camera, with her eyes shining and her dimples in her cheeks. She was absolutely beautiful.