Chapter 16 - Help Out

Y/N: "Gah!!"

You slam into something and fall backwards onto your rear.

Deku: "I'M SO SORRY!! I-I DIDN'T MEAN TO MAKE YOU FALL!!"

Y/N: "Ah! It's okay, Midoriya. I wasn't paying attention. Not your fault."

Deku: "A-are you okay, L/N?"

Y/N: "Yeah! I'm fine!"

You make a move to stand back up, and Midoriya offers you, his hand. You take it and he helps you to your feet.

Y/N: "Thanks!"

Deku: "N-no problem..."

You notice something on the ground near Midoriya's feet. You crouch down to pick it up. It's a notebook covered in... burn marks?

Y/N: "What's this, Midoriya?"

Deku: "A-ah... it's my notebook..."

Y/N: "Oh! Well then, here you go!"

You hand him the notebook and he sighs in relief.

Y/N: "Why is it so... erm... burnt?"

Deku: "W-well... Kacchan kinda... exploded... it..."

Y/N: "Seriously? What a jerk!"

Deku: "..."

Y/N: "What're you writing about in there?"

Deku mumbles: "Notes about heroes..."

Y/N: "What was that?"

Deku: "N-notes about heroes..."

Y/N: "Oh! Cool! Who's your favourite hero?"

His eyes light up for a moment before he starts to ramble.

Deku: "Well, I think All Might is amazing! I mean, he's a hero who's always smiling! And have you seen him fight up close? It's so cool. I want to be a hero just like him, that's why I trained so hard to come to UA. I have almost all of All Might's merchandise! I've watched every battle he's been in, I've been studying heroes ever since I was a kid. That's what my notebook is filled with. I have recorded and analysed everything that I can. I've even recorded Kacchan's moves. That's how I knew what his first move during the training session with All Might was going to be, I-"

Y/N: "Uh... Midoriya?"

Deku: "O-oh! S-sorry... sometimes I mumble like that..."

Y/N: "It's alright, but I didn't catch who your favourite hero was."

Deku: "R-right! I a huge fan of All Might!"

Y/N: "Great pick! All Might is amazing."

Deku: "Who's your favourite hero?"

Y/N: "I'm a fan of Gang Orca! He's intimidating, but I still think he's really cool!"

Deku: "Oh really? That makes sense with your quirk and all... I... um..."

Y/N: "Is something wrong?"

Deku: "S-sorry if this c-creeps you out, but... I have a few notes about your quirk in my notebook... would y-you... answer a few of my questions...?"

Y/N: "Huh? When did you take notes on me?"

Deku: "I-i um... I have notes on everyone in our class..."

Y/N: "Well... I wouldn't mind a few questions."

Deku: "R-really?! Thank you so much!!"

You nod your head, and he quickly shuffles in his bag for a pencil. He opens his notebook and looks up at you attentively.

Deku: "How exactly does your quirk work? Do you manipulate the water with your movements, or your mind?"

Y/N: "It's kinda a mix of both. My quirk is basically that I embody water. For more complex attacks, I have to move my body to flow with the water. If it's a simple move, I can just use my mind."

Deku mumbles: "So cool...!"

You giggle and continue.

Y/N: "I can also turn into water to avoid physical attacks."

Deku: "Seriously?! That's amazing, L/N!!"

Your face turns pink before thanking him. He asks you more questions until the bell rings. You head to class. The end of the day... You pick up your bag and get ready to leave with Mina. You stand from your desk-

Iida: "L/N! I require your assistance!"

Y/N: "A-ah! Hi Iida. You kinda scared me. Anyway. Sure, what do you need?"

Iida: "Mr Aizawa needs some books from the supply closet downstairs. Will you help me carry them up?"

Y/N: "Sure! Lead the way."

Iida walks with you down the stairs to the supply closet. He reaches in and hands you a massive stack of books. The stack is so high, it reaches past your face."

Iida: "Are you able to safely carry these books without hindering your eyesight?"

Y/N: "Ah! Yeah! I can still see!" You then mumble "More or less..."

Iida grabs a stack for himself, double the size of yours, and leads you back upstairs.

Y/N: "So... have you started training for the sports festival?"

Iida: "Of course! Have you?"

Y/N: "Eh... not yet. I'm planning on starting this weekend."

Iida: "I encourage you to start as soon as possible! The sports festival is incredibly important for all of our futures."

Y/N: "I know... it's just... I'm... kinda nervous about it."

Iida: "Nervous? You have no reason to be! You're a very capable student!"

Y/N: "Yeah... but... What if I'm not cut out for this...?"

Iida: "Nonsense! You have incredible potential."

Y/N: "..."

Iida: "It think you're going to be a great hero one day."

Y/N: "Well... Thanks, Iida..."

You and Iida head back to class and set the books on Mr Aizawa's desk.

Y/N: "Mina!!"

Mina: "Y/N!! Where have you been?! I was worried about you!!"

Y/N: "Sorry... Iida needed some help delivering some books for Mr Aizawa."

Mina: "Ugh! Iida can be suuuch a buzzkill."

Y/N: "I didn't mind helping!"

Mina: "Ugh, stop being so cute and sweet all the time! You're making me look bad!"

She giggles and gives you a playful shove. You and Mina walk until you reach your home. She waves you goodbye and continues on towards her house.