Chapter 26 - Getting Better

Y/N: "Mum! I'm home!"

You mum walks into the entry with a plate of cookies in her hands.

Y/N: "Uhm...? Mum? What's this?"

Mum: "Ahem, well... I was reading about how mothers are with their children... and... baking cookies was commonly brought up, so I made you some..."

You stare in shock

Y/N: "This... isn't like you..."

Mum: "I know... I want to try to be a better mother to you... so... let's eat some cookies and watch a movie together...?"

You smile at her and take a cookie from the plate.

Y/N: "Yeah, that sounds nice."

You sit down in the living room with your mum and watch the movie until it's time for bed. The Next Day...

Denki: "Hey, hot stuff. You seem brighter than usual. You're lightening up my world."

Y/N: "Pfft- Kaminari! You're such a dork!"

Denki: "Made you laugh, didn't it? But what's up? I wasn't kidding when I said you were brighter than usual."

Y/N: "Well, my mum asked me to watch a movie with her, and she even made cookies!"

Denki: "That's awesome! I bet you'll be acting like a real mother daughter pretty soon!"

Y/N: "I hope so... I'd love to have a relationship like that with her again."

Denki: "Well, m'lady, I wish you the best on your quest."

Y/N: "Hahahah!"

He smiles and pokes your cheek.

Denki: "You're beautiful when you laugh, ya know?"

Y/N: "K-kaminari!"

Denki: "Hehe!"

Tsu: "So what do you think we'll be doing in class today, ribbit?"

Mina: "I don't know, but I am SO looking forward to some more training!!"

Y/N: "Me too! I'm feeling super pumped. I'm lookin' for a workout!!

Mr Aizawa: "Alright, class. Settle down and take your seats. Let's see here... right summer break is coming up, but of course, you shouldn't relax just yet. We'll be going on break to a Forest Lodge."

The class gasps in unison.

Mina: "Let's give each other dares!!"

Mineta: "The baths...!"

Tsu: "And fireworks... Ribbit."

Mineta: "The baths...!!"

Y/N: "That sounds so much fun!"

Mineta: "BATHS!!!"

Mr Aizawa: "However... Should any of you fail the final exam... then you're stuck in remedial classes."

Y/T: 'That means I have to study extra hard... That should be no problem... Right?'

Mr Aizawa: "But for now, head to the gym for regular training."

Class 1-A: "Yes, sir!"

Mr Aizawa: "We'll be doing some more quirk training today. You'll be partnered up for one-on-one battles."

The class quickly looked around, trying to see which of their classmates might join them. You feel eyes on you. You turn to see who's looking at you-

Mr Aizawa: "And I'll be choosing your partners."

Everyone sighs in disappointment.

Mr Aizawa: "Let's see... Midoriya and Mineta. Hagakure and Tokoyami. Jiro and Ashiso. Aoyama and Todoroki. Asui and Kirishima. Iida and Kaminari. Uraraka and Sero. Ojiro and Shoji. Yaoyorozu and Sato. And finally, L/N and Bakugo. Let's start with Midoriya and Mineta. And there's no knockouts. You have to pin them to win."

Midoriya versus Mineta. Victor: Midoriya

Hagakure versus Tokoyami. Victor: Tokoyami

Jiro versus Ashido. Victor: Ashido

Aoyama versus Todoroki. Victor: Todoroki

Asui versus Kirishima. Victor: Asui

Iida versus Kaminari. Victor: Iida

Uraraka versus Sero. Victor: Sero

Ojiro versus Shoji. Victor: Shoji

Yaoyorozu versus Sato. Victor: Sato

Mr Aizawa: "Lastly, Bakugo and L/N. Step up."

You stand in front of Bakugo and get ready to fight. He lets out a small grunt and waits for Mr Aizawa's signal.

Mr Aizawa: "Begin."

He instantly uses his explosions to propel himself towards you. You step to the side as he reaches you. Bakugo rushes past you and quickly turns back around. He growls and sets off an explosion near your face. You're blown back a meter but you're still on your feet. You form your right arm into a water whip and use it to attack him. His dodge was effortless as he moved to the left. He jumped and grabbed your wrists, forcing all of his weight onto you. You fall to the ground with Bakugo on top of you. You struggle to break loose until you hear Mr Aizawa.

Mr Aizawa: "Bakugo wins. That concludes today's training."

He smirks and gets off of you, cracking his knuckles as he walks away. You stand up, and scowl at him.

Y/T: 'Stupid smug jerk. Hmph!'

L/N versus Bakugo. Victor: Bakugo