Chapter 29 - Avoiding Him

The two of you had now made it into the hallway, your classroom just ahead.

Mina: "Look! There he is now! Looks like he's totally waiting for you."

She gives you a wink and slips past him into the classroom.

Denki: "Good morning, beautiful!"

Kaminari is standing at the entryway to the classroom, leaning himself against it with one arm against the doorframe and one on his hip. He gives you a wide, mischievous smile.

Denki: "You ready to learn?!"

You start to smile, but then the thoughts of what Zach said to you the night before rush back into your head. You avoided eye contact, slightly ducking under his arm to make your way inside.

Y/N: "Sure..."

Mr Aizawa: "Alright everyone, in your seats. Now."

Kaminari turns to watch you walk to your desk, a confused expression on his face. After a while of being lost in your muddled thoughts, you let out a loud sigh.

Mr Aizawa: "Is this class too boring for you, L/N?"

Y/N: "U-uh..."

Mr Aizawa: "*sigh* Stay after school today."

Y/N: "Yes, Mr Aizawa..."

Class continues as normal. The bell rings, and it's time for lunch. You make your way to the cafeteria. You grab a tray and scan the tables for a place to sit. Almost immediately, Kaminari catches your eye from across the room. He smiles widely and waves you over, motioning you to come and sit by him. You pretend that you don't see him, and find a table near the window. You eat quickly, trying to get out of there before he might decide to come and talk to you.

Mina: "Y/N!!!"

Y/N: "Y-yeah?"

Mina: "You got detention. What made you sigh so loudly?"

Y/N: "I was... I was just... thinking about... Kaminari..."

Mina: "Oh! You're thinking of your crush!!"

Y/N: "Shush... Don't say it so loud!!"

Mina: "Yeah, yeah. Do you want me to help you confess?"

Y/N: "No... Let's just eat lunch..."

After School...

Mr Aizawa: "Fifteen minutes of detention, then you can leave. I'm taking a nap."

He zips himself up into his sleeping bag and disappears under his desk.

Y/T: 'Man... this sucks... Was Zach right...? Is Kaminari really a player...? Mina's right... I just need to talk to him... I hope he isn't a player... I... really like Kaminari... Jeez... either way... I was played for a fool. By Kaminari or Zach..."

You smack your cheeks and bury your head in your arms.

Y/T: 'Stupid Y/N! You're so gullible!'

Mr Aizawa: "You can leave now."

Y/N: "Sorry..."