Chapter 19 - Cavalry Battle

Midnight: "And here are the results..."

A giant scoreboard lights up.

Y/T: 'Man... I got tenth place... not bad!!'

Midnight: "The top Forty-Two have earned the right to advance! I'm sorry to the kids who failed, but don't take it to heart! The festival's showstopper is still being prepared! Now onto the second event!! I already know what it'll be, but the suspense is killing me!"

Y/T: 'Human Cavalry Battle?'

Tsu: "But that's not a game that works well without teams... how will it work...?"

Midnight: "You can form two to four person teams freely and form a horseback configuration! Basically, it's the same rules as a normal human cavalry battle: swipe enemy rider's headbands and guard your own, expect for one thing... Everyone will receive points based on their performance during the first trial!... Which means that the point value based on who's on each team! The number of points you're worth is five points if you're in forty-second, ten if you're in forty-first and so on with the exception of first place... First place is worth... TEN MILLION POINTS!!"

Y/T: 'That means... whoever has the ten million headband... is going to come out on top...'

Midnight: "The time limit is fifteen minutes. And the one to wear the headband is the rider! Think of him or her as a standard bearer. Until time is up, you'll all be fighting and stealing as many of the other's headbands as you can!! You may not wear your headband anywhere lower than your neck! As more headbands are taken, maintaining control of them will become more and more demanding! Quirks are of course allowed, so I want to see some fine brutality out there! That being said... this is still just a game! If you attack any other group with the malicious aim of breaking them up, that's a red card and you'll be forced out of the game! Alright, you have ten minutes to choose your teams!!"

Y/T: 'Who should I team up with? Bakugo...? Maybe Todoroki...? What about Shoji...? He could cover me up to protect the headbands... Or maybe... What about Midoriya? Is it a good idea to team up with the person worth ten million?'

Jiro: "Hey, L/N, wanna join our team?"

Y/N: "Oh! Sure!"

After a few more minutes, it was time for the cavalry battle.

Present Mic: "START!!!!"

A loud buzzer sounds out, signalling the beginning of the cavalry battle.

Jiro: "This is basically a competition for the ten million points! Let's get it!"

Hagakure: "Right!!"

Your team and another from class B go straight after Midoriya's team. You watch as the ground below them begins to freeze, leaving them defenceless. They somehow break out of it... They fly up into the air. Jiro sees the opportunity and sends her earphone jacks towards Midoriya's headband. Just as she reached them, Tokoyami's dark shadow blocks her attack.

Jiro: "Damnit..."

Y/N: "Let's try to get other headbands! We don't need to get the ten million!"

Hagakure: "Right!"

Your team turns around to start attacking other teams... until you notice Hagakure's headband is gone.

Y/N: "Hagakure! Your headband!!"

Hagakure: "Huh?! Where'd it go?!"

Class B Student: "So easy..."

A blond guy twirled your team's headband in his hand while chuckling to himself.

Y/N: "Goddamn it...! Let's try to get it back!"

About five more minutes go by of your team trying to grab other team's points, but it's no use.

Denki: "Sorry about this, beautiful!"

You feel a horrible tingling sensation as your team is electrified by Kaminari's quirk. And with that, the game is over. Your team didn't pass but you still had fun. Now it was time for the intermission.

Denki: "Hey ladies, aren't you going to get ready for the cheer battle?"

Y/N: "What are you talking about?"

Mineta: "You don't have to believe us. But this is coming straight from Mr Aizawa."

Momo: "Are you sure?"

Mineta: "Don't blame me if you get in trouble."

Y/N: "Hm... I guess we should get ready?"

Momo "Yes, let's hurry."

Momo informs the rest of the girls and starts making cheerleading uniforms with her quirk. Everyone changes into the uniforms.

Present Mic: "Before we get started with the final event, there's good news for those who dropped out of the preliminaries!! In the end, this is still a sports festival! S to have everyone continue participating, we've got some recreational events in store!! We've even got cheerleaders from America! They're-wait, what's this?"

Mr Aizawa: "What are they doing?"

Present Mic: "Looks like Class 1-A is going full-on fanservice!!"

You and the rest of the girls stand frozen on the field, suddenly realizing...

Momo: "Mineta!! Kaminari!! You tricked us!!"

Y/N: "Seriously...? This is so stupid..."

Momo: "How did I end up falling for that little pervert's schemes again...?"

Y/N: "Don't worry, Momo. At least the outfits are pretty cute."

Jiro: "They really are just idiots."

Hagakure: "Well, we might as well do it until the actual tournament starts, since we've got time. So... let's just roll with it!!"

Jiro: "Are you serious?!?"

Mina: "Come ooooonn! This is fun!"

Tsu: "You're really getting into this, huh, Toru?"

You glance over and see Kaminari staring at you.

Y/N: "Take a picture, it'll last longer!"

Denki: "I-i uh..."

He jumps up a bit.

Denki: "You look great! Uh- cute even! Beautiful, gogteous."

Y/N: "You mean gorgeous?"

Denki: "Yes!"

You laugh and look away, ready for the next round.