Chapter 39 - During Training

The Next Day... 5:30AM...

Everyone had a tired expression on their faces. Some of them were still half asleep.

Mr Aizawa: "Today we begin a rigorous round of enforcement training. This trips mission statement is to strengthen everyone's quirks as a whole, thereby allowing everyone to achieve their temporary licences. This is your preparation for the future. Study your hearts and minds. With that said, Bakugo,"

Mr Aizawa throws Bakugo a ball.

Mr Aizawa: "Try throwing this."

Bakugo: "This is from the quirk assessment test..."

Mr Aizawa: "Try it again, let's see how far you can throw it now."

Sero: "A test to see how far we've come, that's so cool."

Bakugo wound up the ball and threw it with all his might. Mr Aizawa showed the class what the device said.

Class 1-A: "709.6 METERS?!"

Mr Aizawa: "You may have grown a lot with experience. But not so much with your physical abilities. So, starting today, we will focus on upgrading your quirks. We'll be pushing your limits. So try not to kick the bucket on me."

And with that, everyone started.

Y/T: 'This is hell...!'

You were submerged underwater. You were told to try and stay in there as long as possible. Mr Aizawa said 'become one with the water'. You were holding your breath for as long as you could. And when you reached your limit, you came up for air.

Robot: "Two minutes and four seconds!"

You coughed a bit before speaking.

Y/N: "That's only a second more than last time..."

You glance around and saw all your classmates, plus Class 1-B, pushing themselves to their limits. Your sigh was loud enough for Mr Aizawa to here.

Mr Aizawa: "Don't stop, keep going, L/N."

Y/N: "Yes sir...."

You took one big gulp of air and went back underwater. You continued this cycle until about midday. You spent the afternoon doing ground travel training. You had the robot time how long it took for you to travel through the ground from one place to another, hoping to get quicker. You look over and see Denki doing his second half of training. He was standing in the middle of a huge circle while continually shooting out his lightning. A mischievous smile crosses your face.

Y/N: "Robot, start!"

The second you said that, it began the timer. You turned into water and seeped into the ground. Travelling as fast as you could, you then popped back to normal behind Denki. He didn't notice you.

Y/N: "Boo!"

You jump and wrap your arms around his neck.

Denki: "AHHH! Woah!... Oof!"

Your jump scare caused him to fall forward onto his stomach. You giggle and let go of his neck. You allow him to roll onto his back but stayed sitting on top of him. You laugh again.

Y/N: "Got you, Denki!"

His sits up on his elbows before looking at you with a slightly serious expression.

Denki: "Y/N, I love you, but I wish you hadn't come inside the circle."

Y/N: "Aww... Why not?"

He sits up properly with you in his lap. He puts one hand behind your back and the other he cups your cheek.

Denki: "Because... My quirk is dangerous for you. You came here underground right, in your water form?"

Y/N: "Yeah..."

Denki: "Well, if I had used my quirk, before you jumped on me..."

He shuddered to think.

Denki: "Do you remember when I accidently zapped your hand when I got mad at Zach?"

Y/N: "Mhmm..."

Denki: "It would have been so, so much worse. Water and lightning don't mix well, little spark."

You smile and poke his cheek.

Y/N: "Well, just because our quirks don't agree, doesn't mean the users don't."

He grins back at you.

Denki: "You're right about that part, beautiful. Now that that's out of the way..."

He starts poking your stomach repeatedly. You laugh while trying to catch his hands.

Denki: "This is for scaring me, cheeky!"

Y/N: "Come ooonn!! Haha! It was funnyhehehe!!"

When you finally manage to take his hands, still giggling, he smiles and kisses you on the cheek.

Denki: "I love you."

Y/N: "Hehe, I love you too."

You giggle as your cheeks go slightly pink.

Y/N: "You really can't let me have a win without tickling me, can you?"

He grinned and caressed your cheek.

Denki: "Not a chance, cutie."

He gives you a little forehead kiss. You blush and look into each other's eyes until his sweet smile turns into a mischievous one. He puts his hands under your knees.

Y/N: "What are you-"

Denki: "Hold on..."

He carried you to the edge of the circle, spinning you around a couple times before putting you down on the other side. He grins at you and ruffles your hair.

Denki: "Now, stay on that side, little spark. I'll see you later, okay."

Y/N: "Alright... 'Little spark'? Haha. That's a new one."

Denki: "Shouldn't surprise you at this point, Y/N. I've been calling you cute nicknames since we met."

Y/N: "I remember. When you asked me out on a date before you even told me your name."

He gives you a cute nervous laugh and scratches the back of his neck. He then waves at you as he heads back to the middle of the circle. You smile and sink back into the ground and return to your timing robot.

Robot: "Eight minutes and sixteen point nine seconds."

Y/N: "You were counting that whole time?!"