Jotun Loki X Reader - Fluff

A winters tale
----------------------------------------------------
The sun had set hours ago in asgard, leaving the sky its usual pitch swirl of coal and deep purple. I finished my mandatory tea with Queen frigga and the baronesses, before retiring to my room, which was on the opposite side of the castle. My usual guards escorted me, but they made little small talk.

Upon arriving at my room, the door was locked. I wrenched the handle. Still, nothing budged. "bjork," i smiled, asking after my guard. He whipped around on his feet and immediately ran to my aid.
"yes, m'lady?"

"the door wont budge,"

"madam, its locked from the inside," he sighed, quirking a brow.

The cause of the jammed door hit me like a brick wall, and i smirked slightly.

"thank you bjork, you can retire for the night, i think my guest is waiting for you to leave before he lets me in," i sighed, laughing a little.

"oh right away," he chuckled, eyes widening slightly as he understood.

But moments later the door swung open, and closed again as soon as i crossed the threshold.

"damn you my Prince," i smiled, seeing his large figure wrapped up beneath my blankets.

"loki?"

No reply.

"whats wrong?" i made my way over to his silent figure.

"stay back," he warned.

Anxiety shot through me at the harshness of his voice.

"don't be a fool- whats troubling you?"

"y/n, im a monster," he shouted, springing up from the bed.

In only his shorts the younger Prince stood before me, entirely in his jotun form, the red glare of his eyes piercing mine.

"you see? Im a monster, a reject, everything father despises,"

I quickly ran to him, despite his harsh protests, and pulled him into a warm hug. My fingertips danced across the navy blue lines etched into his skin, feeling the icy surface like it were a jewel.

" you are perfection, and the allfather is an old fashioned barbarian, not fit to rule modern asgard," i whispered, gently kissing his ear.

His heart seemed to slow, and his grip melted into my own, enjoying the tender embrace.

"shall we get warm?" he asked.

I simply nodded, motioning to the velvet longue chair infront of the fire breast. He settled amongst it first, welcoming me to lie against his cold hard chest, stroking my hair as he did.

"i would love you, no matter if you were a midguardian, asguardian, jotun, or anything from the 9 realms. As long as you are loki, i care not odinson or laufeyson, i will love you until we meet valhalla, and still then," i whispered, kissing him gently.

"love you always y/n,"