Chapter 1: Finding Her Happiness

A/n: And for this book, Male Reader Wins. Aether will be remembered though...

Note: This work is fiction, all events in this book do not exist in this game.

Your POV

During the time at the start, my mind is nothing but a sudden dream at rest. What my eyes have been into, I am starting to see what my story through the world of teyvat has begun. It was that time where I was with Lumine, my sister. I do not know the details but seeing is believing based on my current memories. It was that time where we both meet and face the unknown god. We do not know her name, but all I know was the unknown god attacking both of us and then taking Lumine away while I fall from the heavens. There, where I landed down was the land of Tevyat.

The hellish nightmare that I always hated the most was that unknown god. Taking everything that we ever loved, where I thought that I would rest at my home. But now it is gone and it will take forever to recover. But there is more than just home. My heart where it comes to love.

Not that it can be easy to be in touch with someone simple with traveling and adventuring. A pitiful character is in my mind, her name is Amber. The first person that I met. We were both friends at first, thinking that we would just say hi and help each other. As we go along as teamwork and had our hands placed together, it felt that we both grow closer together.

Now for the honest note that I have heard so far. What I just heard from the article of why she is pitiful in the background, some people label her useless because her power and skills are not powerful and not offensive. But to me, it seems as if she is like a support type that I would want to try.

This is just the beginning after all and I will adjust her equipment and potential later on.

"Zzz..." I am still asleep while having a dream with many journeys that I have been through. I can't remember what day or have to think back of what quest I need to finish. All of that even through rewards doesn't make me feel what is being loved. I should wake up, trying to find a task that I would work to get money and having to upgrade weapons and any other potential talents. "...?" A knock on the door. Does that mean that someone has a request that they needed me to assist with? Best to investigate it.

When I got to the door, I see an envelope that is laying on the floor. I have my mind questioned but have to open the envelope and read the message.

Reading this message...

Hi Y/n, do you still remember me from the time we both met at the forest when we plan on heading to Mondstadt since our first time meeting each other? I thought so because of how I look more than any other civilians. Just because it's almost the end of Summer doesn't mean that this is the end of how things might change. So I thought of having a picnic for just the two of us. Now I know you are asking why but you should know what today is, right? Besides, I have everything ready since I have been working hard trying to take it out for a picnic. How about you? Do you bring anything for a picnic for me? I'll give you a hint since it was about one year ago that you have been celebrating my birthday. Guess what day it is...and I will be waiting for you...

-From The Best Outrider of Mondstadt, Amber

End of the message...

"Wait, what!?" I'm starting to feel confused for a moment but then as I read about the word birthday and the day, I start to look back at the calendar. Trying to scratch out the finished days until August 10, that must have been Amber's birthday as she was trying to tell me today. "Aw shit, I wasn't prepared for this!" With this, I have nothing to give Amber. She would be disappointed if I'm not ready to meet with Amber's birthday again...!