Chapter 6: A Week of Preparations

Your POV

A few days later with the mental recovery...

I start to head back to Watatsumi Island, informing Kokomi and the rest of the resistance army about what's going to happen after one week has passed. "If we lose, the Inazuma will all be in Fatui's hands. Then with Raiden Shogun with them, Mondstadt and Liyue will be totaled next!" I warned her.

"Where did this come from?" Gorou questions me. I was afraid that I have to admit the guilt and truth about what I had just done. However...

"I went into the city of Inazuma, talked with Raiden Shogun because I wanted her to understand the situation, the truth about the Vision Hunt Decree that manipulated her." I start to explain. "But she doesn't listen while bragging about protecting her city and the people. The Vision Hunt Decree was not made by the Raiden Shogun, it was Fatui's doing. I didn't want to fight her because she's innocent, but now..." I finish explaining while mentioning the location of where the battle takes place in Kannazuka Island over by the beach. Raiden and Sara are featured in this battle as well, thinking that they want to end this war quickly. The message that Raiden put in my pocket is a secret since I lack evidence that no one will believe me.

"I see," Kokomi starts to speak. "I should thank you for letting us know. However, I am disappointed that you broke the promise never to go alone while facing Raiden Shogun. You couldn't have gotten yourself killed if you are not prepared!" She scolds me. I cannot speak since the excuses do not matter to her. "You lead me no choice but to punish you for disobeying my order that you went in without my permission."

So, is this how consequences can be determined?

"You should reconsider that decision since Y/n already tried discussing the meaning of Raiden's true motive with honor since she wanted to challenge him to the promises of war. I cannot say that promises can be that crucial to your current stand." A woman with pink hair with purple eyes came forward while having her Miko outfit.

"Yae Miko!? When did you get here!?" I questioned.

"Isn't it obvious? I just tend to try to the teleporters just like you would do." Yae replies.

"But what does that have to do with his punishment? I have never been this mad if someone tries to break a promise that I wanted him to do." Kokomi seems disappointed.

"Indeed if I agree with you; however, I would agree with Y/n since Raiden was holding back just for once since she already knew about the Fatui's motive." Yae disagrees with her while siding with me. "Don't you agree, Y/n~?" She clings her hands over both of my shoulders.

"Raiden...knew...?!" I felt surprised.

"Of course, why should I not leave you since you had a promise with her~? I can help at least~." Yae starts to tease me.

"Yae Miko, since when do you decide to have him over you?" Kokomi seems mad with her foot tapping. Yae smiles while Kokomi starts to think through. "If that is true about the Fatui using Raiden Shogun due to the influences of the Vision Hunt Decree, I shall let that slide...ONCE!" She still scolds me for breaking a promise. "For now on, you will listen to me if you want forgiveness. And please, put more faith in anyone of us including your friends who loved you. It is very important to use the bonding method rather than to face the challenges alone. I already know how you manage the battles you fought during your journey."

The argument ends while I am currently a free man, not guilty. Thanks to Yae's help, she put me in the place where she might be planning to face Raiden Shogun and her army.

Timeskip...

I went down to the Grand Narukami Shrine, just so I can start the meeting with Yae since she saved me, why? "You know about Raiden Shogun quite well since you first met her." She spoke to me.