Chapter 25

Hashirama Senju's POV

"I am in dire need of sake right now, Tobirama. Could I at least take a small break from this–" I gestured at the unholy sight of papers stacked messily on my table, making a disgruntled look. "From this hell?"

"Hell?" My brother, Tobirama Senju, looked like he was very offended by the term I used as he raised his head from the scroll he was reading to glare at me. "What is hell to you– the war or paperwork?"

I scratched the back of my head, seeing his point. "But well–"

"Nonsense, brother." He looks back to his scroll, rolling his eyes. "The clan is in dire need of your full cooperation as our leader. We cannot have you slacking off."

There he goes, being strict again.

I sighed, pouting at him. "I wasn't slacking, Tobirama. As you can see, I've been working twice as hard for the past few days. My hand deserves its rest, too, for writing so much in just a single day. Why aren't you so kind to me just this once?" At this point, I don't care that I'm whining. All I need is some rest.

Something is bothering me lately, and I can't tell what it is.

"Kind, huh." My brother did not even bother looking at me as he continued to read the contents of the scroll. "The last time you've taken advantage of my kindness, you've been sneaking off without my knowledge just to get your ass drunk!"

And now he glanced at my way, snapping his head to my direction swiftly, with fury in his eyes, and I started to regret bringing this topic up. "Did you know how embarrassed I was when the clan head of the Senju got carried away just because he was given a day off of work!? Not to mention that the day you've returned home, very early in the morning may I remind you, was the day we're about to battle against the Uchiha!"

He clicked his tongue in disappointment as he continued, now returning back to reading his own pile of work. "Madara even felt sorry for me when I had to help you balance yourself to fight him. Hell, he could've killed you right there and then if it weren't for him wanting to fight fairly. Killing you off, drunk and drowsy, wouldn't give him glory! Madara said that to me, you know."

Oh, right.

I cleared my throat, looking away. "But anyway... As I was saying, I just need a really short break. I desperately need it." I leaned on my chair lazily, looking up to the ceiling as if it's the interesting thing I see in my life. "I can't explain it to you for some reason, but... it's like something heavy is going to come, do you understand?"

My brain felt mushy describing this. I can't think of a proper word or a sentence to even express them. "Something's up and I do not know why I'm even feeling like this. It's just that... It's like a dark cloud looms long and wide on us, a sign of a negative omen."

Tobirama is silent as he watches me with a blank look on his face. No longer the expression of annoyance when he noticed my disturbed presence. Somewhere in his heart, he could feel it, too. The tension in the atmosphere feels heavy and pressuring, but we both have no idea what it is.

It's a different feeling in the air. But it's somewhere close to a feeling that you got a bad feeling about it, yet at the same time, it's the other feeling. The worst feeling... A feeling which no one knows what to feel. A questionable one.

I'm at that point at this very moment.

I feel nervous for some reason but I don't know what caused it. Hell, it even felt like my heart was being squeezed and my lungs being beaten until I couldn't breathe. What is going on?