Chapter 7

Kirai's POV

"Yoi, on that day, Hashirama managed to persuade his father into accepting my desire. Butsuma is hard to budge, and he is not easy to deal with. Especially when that old cranky man is rough when it comes to war and his people." I said, wiping the sweat from my forehead.

Yoi panted harshly, she has to take a deep breath in order to talk. "So Hashirama-sama was successful. That is... a good news for me."

I smiled, "It is... but not quite."

She frowned, "How come, sensei?"

I licked my lips and sighed, "You see, Yoi, the journey only begins. Which means there are... complications that I have to face. Thinking back, I realized now that I have not rested well nor relaxed peacefully. I should give myself a big pat in the back for how I handled myself even when I am young." I chuckled.

"Indeed, such a young age has already encountered hell in the very beginning. It is sad to know that, yet I feel proud to know you, sensei, for you are strong to face those fears." Yoi's expression brightened. "I mean, look at you now, sensei."

I waved my hand. "Oh, never mind the present me! I shall tell you more hell that I had encountered myself. But this time... you get to hear something more cruel."

So, this is what it feels like to become one...

I stood there with no knowledge, looking like a lost puppy. Butsuma had finally agreed that I could join them. I can finally stay close with Hashirama! It has been three days since then. I fear what may come to me once I head outside to battle. In the past three days, Hashirama has been filling my head about the war.

Somehow, I understood everything. Hashirama, with a small help from Tobirama and Itama, has been telling me details about the war. When I heard how cruel it was, I almost vomited. Yet, I held myself and forced myself to listen and learn. Though I knew there holds cruelty, I knew that I had to face it because I chose to be a shinobi.

Hashirama is really against it. I can see it very clearly in his eyes of me joining in the first place. But for the first time in a while, I chose to ignore his expression. I chose this because I want to be beside him. Though he will never know my reason, he had known that my decisions cannot be wane.

So, three days from now, I started joining or doing training. It is said that this is very needed if I want to head out to join the war. Hashirama agreed to be the one to teach me. But his father told him that I should also join with others, doing public training. So here I am, waiting...

A few minutes ago, Hashirama told me that I have to wait here for a while. He had something to fetch and I agreed for him to leave. Hashirama left me in the public training grounds wherein a lot of children and adults have been waiting for the training to start.

When I first came here, people had small smiles on their faces. They greeted Hashirama, honoring his name. They ignored me, but they kept giving me those odd looks. I ignored them anyways. I realized that those looks they gave me... are not filled with love. So when Hashirama left to fetch something, they... chose to approach me in a different way than Hashirama.

"Is this the girl that Hashirama-sama brought? I can see why she is called death for a reason." A boy who looked to be about the same age of Hashirama walked towards me.

Then, a girl came out of nowhere to run beside the boy. "Tori, you better start shutting your mouth."

The boy, Tori, scoffed. "And what does it matter, Kara? She has been here for months. I thought she only served us as a servant or a slave. I did not not expect for a person like her to join us. A weak, feeble, clueless little girl."