Chapter 8

Kirai's POV

"You! What is your name?" A rough and built man narrowed his eyes down at me, his arms in his back as he studied me. "I have heard of a newcomer living in the compound, I assume that newcomer is you..."

I nodded.

His brows furrowed, "I need a reply!" He yelled out.

That made me jump. "Y-Yes! I am... Kirai."

The man grunted, "Kirai, huh... You are aware of the reason why you are here, correct?"

"Yes!"

"Then, I should not ask any more questions." He glanced at me for a second before moving on, "You, kid!" He pointed to another child beside me, "What is your name?"

"M-M-My name is..." I tuned them out.

I was sent into a camp wherein children, preferably, people who wanted to join the war that teaches us the ways of shinobi. I noticed that all of us here are mostly children. I can see that I am the youngest of them all, judging by my appearance and height. I also noticed that I am the only female here.

Hashirama and the others are not here because they were already being taught the ways of shinobi before. I am only attending because public training matters, especially for newbies like me.

When the introductions finished, the rough man walked back to the center. "Welcome to hell! This is a place where most of you will cry, vent out your anger, get wounded, and will get yourself killed in order for you to become a capable shinobi. This is a place that does not best represent a playground. And this is a place where children like you are not taught to learn how to do maths, but to slaughter and weave jutsu's. And except it is not a playground nor a classroom wherein you are to fight, but you will execute all your power with blood and sweat on the bloody battlefield. Thus, I will not go easy on you because I am not your mothers or teacher who teaches you A B C, but I teach you not to die out on the battlefield. I will go rough because out there is rougher, understood!?"

"Yes!"

"That is not all! I will have to tell you the harsh reality that exists... and that will be death. It is expected that some of you, maybe all of you, will die out there. No, I will not comfort you nor soothe my words to calm you or hide this fact, because this matter is real! Either you venture out there and come back alive, it will be the same for the following days, and that is how you make a living since then. I will not promise you that after you head out there and experience true hell, you can seek comfort, because you cannot ever seek comfort when you watch your comrades die in the middle of the war. But I will tell you that there is more pain and suffering to come... Do you hear me, kids!?"

"Yes!"

"Will I ever call you a kid again after enduring this hell of a training!?"

"No!"

"And why is that so?"

"Because we are shinobi!"

"Does that mean you are not a kid anymore once you endured!?"

"Yes!"

The man grunted, "Good."

And so begin with our rough training... True to his words, he did not make it easy for us... But it was something I needed to surpass or endure in order to stand beside Hashirama. It was not very easy, but I am getting there. All I need is to become strong and soon I will be with him even outside.