Chapter 11

Kirai's POV

"Kirai-sensei..." Yoi gulped as she stared at me in surprise, "Though I know that this happened in the past, whatever you did was indeed risky. Of course, meeting with Madara to consider something is in fact your goal, however, at that age you have no idea what you are handling with."

I nodded, agreeing with her. "Your point is right. But like I said, I was naive and curious. I was a foolish child, selfish for some answers. But I can say that all those risks I take is worth it."

"Did... Hashirama and the other clansmen found out about this?"

"My meeting with Madara? Of course not! Even though I was a fool, I have a sense of thinking back then. I could not handle any more accusations pointed out at me. If I am to say to everyone that I have met with the enemy, they will throw me out surely. That would bring more pain in my childhood that I already had, Yoi."

My student hummed, "I guess you are right. But I believe that whatever you did has a... point of the story between Hashirama and Madara. Their connection or their understanding of friendship has truly given an impact to the war. Especially when they were enemies."

"Right, but things are not always as it seems. My meeting with Madara does not change the relationship with Hashirama."

Yoi's brow rose, "Oh, how so? If it did not change, is it safe to say that your words did not affect him somehow?"

"Oh, it did affect him. Madara is just someone who is difficult to budge. But anyways, this is not about those two. It is about me and Hashirama."

She chuckled lightly, "Of course..."

I winked at her, "Let me skip the time, shall I?"

Proving myself has been my goal in my life. I am willing to accept whatever pain and suffering I had come to face even if it means to become stronger. It has been two years... two years of training! It was hell. Endlessly and tirelessly, I forced myself to break my limit. Hashirama is stronger than usual. He is a shinobi like no other... He excels at everything, all in ninjutsu, taijutsu, and genjutsu.

I keep wondering how he managed to be like the person he is today. Despite being trained harshly, I do not think I am still at the level of Hashirama. He is too far for me to reach, yet I did not give up hope.

Ever since I saw his potential of being the most powerful boy, it strives me to work harder. And the fact that everyone acknowledges his strength has awakened my burning jealousy. But I feel proud for him that everyone is taking him seriously, judging by how he sometimes takes things goofily.

It was my wish and desire to have what he has. When he proved to everyone by showing off his strength and might, everyone immediately acknowledged him, and everyone is happy to know that they have a liable leader who is going to lead them soon. If he managed to sway everyone, can I do it as well?

That is why ever since then, I began to plan my own training regime secretly for two years. Though the harsh man who has been training us, newbies, has been rough... it was not enough for me.

When I trained harder, I learned a newfound fact about me. That is right... Since I am special and a different child than the others, is there any other unique and questionable power that I possess? I am undetectable, I cannot be sensed. Is that something that my old and forgotten clan, perhaps, or my own village possessed? Has it been passed down to me, and am I the last bearer to grasp that power?

I am confused at myself, yet curious. I want to learn myself more, and what other sorts of ability I have come to possess. I wanted to use that for my own benefits, and I also want to impress Hashirama and the others... But what is my profound ability that I have not yet known? The better question is, do I even have other abilities?