Chapter 14 || Friends with Benefits

P a r k J i m i n P O V .

"Here," Sara flinches with my voice as I hold the cup of warm tea in front of her. I sigh softly, sitting next to her and keep the cup on the table, bringing her in my embrace.

I stay quiet. Honestly, I don't know what to say to make her feel better. So I do what I know calms her down, pull her in a hug and peck her her shoulder while my hand rubs her back. She sighs softly, wrapping her arms around me and shifts onto my lap, resting her head on my shoulder.

"I'm not leaving." I assure her with a brief smile. She smiles back, her eyes filling with tears instantly and leans to kiss my cheek.

"I love you." Her voice whispers, quivering against my skin.

"I love you more." I close my eyes, "You don't have to worry, okay? I'm here."

She nods and wipes her tears, "I hate how you can't be my boyfriend even if I want to. Y'know I... I feel like locking you in my room and just stay in bed with you, so nobody will be able to steal you from me. But then, I remember how we are. Both possesive and jealous types..."

My eyes lower on their own as I listen to these words leaving her mouth for the first time in the three years of us dating and breaking up again and again, because we just can't move on. Something happens every time and we end up arguing more, fighting more when we're dating, when I call her mine and when she calls me hers. It's beautiful but it's too painful.

"I don't know how... It's not like we didn't try right? We dated, you loved me and I loved you too. I tried so hard Jimin, to let you live the way you want, to love you the way you truly deserve to be loved."

I shake my head, cupping her face, "It's not just your fault. I did things too, and we both know it. I didn't want to lose you either way, whether we date or not, whether I'm yours or not. That's the only reason, Sara, I said we should stop this toxic relationship and just continue living like normal friends do."

"But this is not how normal friends are..." She cries, "Why? I just ask for one... just one person to stay Jimin. I'm so tired now... I can't even stay with you because I can't love you enough, I don't go home, I don't have friends, and even Jungkook... he left me too. What did I do wrong, Jimin?"

"You have me, baby, always." I whisper as she sobs on my shoulder. It's weird how we tried working it out at least three times, but somehow it always ends with our over possessiveness messing up our relationship to point where we can't stand each other when we're dating and can't stay away from each other after breaking up.

Seeing Jungkook today triggered Sara even more, I don't understand why he's here after so long when she was finally learning to live without him. I blame Jungkook too, we wouldn't have gotten so messed up with each other if he was here. Then Sara would've had a support and probably would've moved on without me, instead of getting herself tangled between our toxicity.

I glance at Sara as she's quiet now, not crying and not say anything. Her hand moves to mine, lacing our fingers together, she mumbles, "Can we try one... one last time? I'll be the girlfriend you want, I'll love you with everything I have, Jimin... just one last chance?"

"Sara," I sigh, looking at her with tears my eyes as well, "this is not healthy. I don't wanna hurt you all over again. Let's not do this and please don't blame yourself for what happened."

She releases a breath, blinking her tears away as she stares at me, "Not even a little bit? You know I love right?"

"I know," I lone tear drops from my eye as I speak, "Maybe I'm not the person, you're supposed to love, because I can't love you back wi-"