Chapter 18 || Smile

J e o n J u n g k o o k P O V .

I hate you for what you did to Sara, and you should hate yourself too.

I stare at ceiling that looks indifferent to every emotion I ever dissipated, staring at the clean, white roof whether it was in LA or now. The fact that my actions are responsible for Sara's degrading health and mental peace is enough to haunt me all my life. Jimin was right;

A tear leaves my eyes that are on the verge of spilling more, almost making the room in front of me disappear into darkness. He surely loves her enough to never leave her alone, while I left her knowing I was the last person she ever expected would abandon her like that.

How did I survive these two years? Don't even ask.

I wipe my tears hastily, turning to my side on hearing a pair of footsteps running into the room, followed by my brother's voice calling my name. The boy runs up to me, climbing on my bed and tugs on the covers, shaking me quite aggressively. Maybe he will go away if I pretend to sleep?

"Kookie" He calls with desperation hinting in his voice, "I saw princess noona in the balcony."

I stay quiet and close my eyes, taking a breath, not yet letting my plan fail while Jeonghun attempts again, "Hyungie, princess noona looked sad. She was crying."

"What?" I turn around, dropping the acting for a moment and frown at his words, "She was crying?"

"It looked like she was crying." He says, "Is she sick? She had some medicines and coughing."

"Uh she... she had medicines?"

"Yes, a lot."

For a second my brain storms around my skull, going in all directions until I'm already on my feet, rushing to the door and jog downstairs. Jeonghun follows behind me, which I notice only when I'm already at her door, knocking and pressing the doorbell button.

"Sara?" I call impatiently.

"Princess noona!" Jeonghun yells beside me.

The door opens in a few moments and I push myself in, my hands holding Sara by her shoulders as I scan her body from head to toe, "Are you okay?" I ask with my breath quivering a bit thanks to all the hastened motions and anxeity.

"Yes?" She blinks a few times, "What happened?"

"Uh uhm actually, Jeonghun saw you in the balcony and said you were taking a lot of medicines, so I just thought I should check." I say, sighing deeply in relief.

"Oh those, yeah I was just seeing which ones I should keep for emergencies and which ones to throw." She says, chuckling at us and ruffles Jeonghun's hair. "So you watch me from there hm?"

"Uh no, I was playing today and I saw you. I promise! But hyungie likes watching you." He says, making me choke on my saliva and giving me another reason why should I be dead by now.

Sara laughs nervously, glancing at me and then back at my brother, probably thinking of what to say, while I lower my head in embarrassment. Someone dig me a whole to another universe!

"Uhm do you like cookies?" She asks Jeonghun, "I baked some in the morning today."

"Yes, I love cookies!" The boy nods, taking her hand and follows her to the kitchen.

"Jeonghun, let's not disturb noona hm? Let her rest, we'll come later." I say, patting his head as he pouts at me, shaking his head. "Please buddy, noona has to rest."

"It's fine Jungkook, I'd be happy to him here for a while. It sucks to be alone all the time." She says with a smile which looks too real to be a forced one. So I nod hesitantly, taking a step back almost ready to leave when her voice rings in my ears again, "Come and taste the cookies, and tell me if they're okay."