N I N E

// GREENHOUSE \\

// GREENHOUSE \\

Seraphina stood in a field. The grass looked to be dying and the air was filled with fog. She couldn't see much and she was alone.

Seraphina hugged the oversized jumper over her, and shivered at the cold atmosphere.

"Hm...you're not human." A taunting voice said and when Seraphina turned, she only saw a blurr of something passing her with exceptional speed.

"Duh." She sneered, rolling her eyes. Seraphina knew she wasn't human, and she was okay with that. Yes, it freaked her out sometimes, but she didn't entirely mind.

"You smell like a vampire." The voice spoke again, but this time, it sounded like it was in front of Seraphina, but no one was there.

"They're real?"

"If you are...a hybrid...why aren't they?" When Seraphina turned she gasped out. A man with blonde hair, blood red eyes and a hunger lingering in them, stared at her.

With one swift movement, Seraphina lurched up in bed and let out a loud wail. She kicked the covers, trying to get away from the man in her dream. When her eyes finally opened, Jasper was in front of her, gripping her shoulders.

"Sara?" He asked softly, and she stared at him. Seraphina predicted her own death.

"I'm fine." With a daze, Seraphina stood from her bed and walked - as though she were in a trance - towards the wardrobe and picked out short blue denim shorts, a white vest (which she would tuck into her shorts) and a long light brown cardigan. She moved to the bathroom and showered. Once she was done she brushed her teeth, dried and changed. She slipped on some white sneakers that she kept in the bathroom for some reason (she kept a few of her shoes in there). She walked out the room and towards her bedroom before drying her hair with a hair dryer.

All the while, Jasper would stare at the bed and messed up sheets with confusion. What had Seraphina dreamt about that had her so startled to let out a wail like that? Banshee's predict death, right? So...who's death did she predict? Jasper didn't know.

He finally snapped out of it as he heard the hair dryer going. He looked at Seraphina with the concern, but as the girl stood in front of the long mirror, he could see she was still in a slight daze. Moving without properly thinking about it.

Once she was done drying her hair, she brushed it out and put it into a messy bun before slinging her backpack over her shoulders.

"I'll meet you out the front." She coarsely whispered, and Jasper nodded. Seraphina left the room and Jasper left through the window. "I'm leaving." Seraphina called to her dad and Bella, who waved her goodbye and were completely oblivious to her dazy state.

Jasper held the passenger side door open, allowing Seraphina to climb in. Once they were on the road and driving towards the school, Jasper spoke up.