Time with grandpa [12]

Sat at the gazebo karlheinz was held onto haruki who was knelt up on his lap playing with his hair in a blissful silence.
"So how do you like it here bud?" Karlhinez asked looking up at his adorable grandson.
"My daddy's are really nice and the garden is so big I can run around loads" Haruki's spoke cheerfully sitting down fully on his grandpa's lap now looking up at him with a bright smile on his face.
"And your fathers do you like them?"
"Oh yes who knew I could have so many now I have a really big family, mama said we didn't have any family and now I've got you and my dads that's so many people" haruki said spreading his arms out wide when he said 'so'.
"Well you still got a few more family members you know" karlhinez said with a closed eye smile stroking the gobsmacked adorable little beans head as he was knelt low on his lap with his head tilted and his mouth slightly open.
"More. I HAVE MORE" Haruki exclaimed excitement brewing in his eyes a smile occupying his entire face.
"Yes well you've got your granduncle and you grandmothers (they are still alive in my book)"
"REALLY, where are they?" Haruki asks just happy to have more people in his life bouncing around with excitement.
"Calm down, calm down .Currently you grandmothers are in the demon world and you granduncle I have no idea but he tends to just pop up out of nowhere whenever you least expect him"
"Wow I have a really big family"
"Yes you do little man"
Haruki ended up giggling at his grandpa,
"Well I'll tell them you want to see them next time I visit them, how's that?"
"Yes yes yes please please" Haruki chanted grabbing onto karlhinez shirt clutching onto it with his chubby little hands.
Chuckling karlhinez then asked "very well then I will see to it, anyways how's the bride I sent for your fathers, is she nice to you"

"Yui ,Erm well she was weird with me when she first came but she's been nice to me ever since. But she seemed so sad this morning grandpa and she wouldn't tell me why. Do you know why?" Haruki asks in a lower tone to Karlhinez even though he's never met the girl.
"I don't know Haruki" in all honesty he didn't care either as in the end she was only a pawn for him to use for his advantage her life was nothing to him.
"Well I hope she is better, I even gave her Lammy to help cheer her up. He's very good at doing that" Haruki said his emotions now going all over the place with talking about Lammys talents and secrets in a whisper.
"And whose Lammy?" Karlhinez asks lightening the mood.
"Oh he's my bestest friend in the whole entire world" Haruki says back in his overjoyed mood on mention of the small lamb.
"Now I thought I was your best friend" Karlhinez asked raising an eyebrow teasingly holding onto Haruki by his small waist.
"Oh no you my bestest person friend Lammy's a lamb not a person" was the clear response back causing a giggle to erupt from his small mouth and a chuckle from the elders.
Wanting so maintain the boys happiness was something that the vampire king wanted greatly.
"Well how about this, a little present I brought for you"
"Huh" Haruki responded tilting his head before his grandpa pulled out a new friend for Haruki from behind his back.

"Well how about this, a little present I brought for you" "Huh" Haruki responded tilting his head before his grandpa pulled out a new friend for Haruki from behind his back

A penguin plush.

Haruki's had his mouth in an o looking at the penguin in his grandpas hands directed towards him.

"What are you going to name him?"

"Uh I mmm" Haruki was just staring deeply into the large penguin plush sat in his arms. "I don't know" the lost boy then looked up to his grandpa.
"How about mr penguin or pengy?" The vampire king asked trying to help his grandson out.

"Mr penguin" haruki said quietly to trial run the name sat fully on karlheinz's lap looking at the penguin in his arms.

"I love it. Thank you thank you thank you thank you" the glee in this boys eyes caused chuckling to erupt from karlheinz he then responded "I'm glad you like it".

"Dinners ready" Subaru said teleporting outside to the two annoyance seen deeply in his eyes at the image in front of him.

"Thank you subaru, lets go in now little man" karlheinz then placed Haruki on his little stubby feet reaching down so they could hold hands walking to dinner.

With arriving to the dining room haruki dropped his grandpa's hand running towards his pillow raised chair having Shu pick him up placing him on top of it so he can reach the table.
"Thank you otochan" came the small boys reply cuddling the stuffed penguin close to him.
"Ne Haru-ru whose your new friend?" Kanato asked the sitting boy as he walk to his seat by the table.
"Oh this" he raised the penguin above his proportionally large head "this is Mr penguin, grandpa gave him to me he's so cuddly"
Kanato smiled gently before looking down to teddy, "we've got another new friend let's hope he comes along to our tea party's with Haru-ru and Lammy, yes that's right even more, I know" as went on Kanato's rambling to Teddy.

Haruki's pov

My other dadas where now sat round the table, 'where is Yui' her and Lammy are supposed to be here.
Over the past few days she's been here she hasn't been as weird as she first was, Lammy quite likes her and I think she's ok now.
"Sigh- Ayato please retrieve Miss Yui" dada called out before sitting next to me as usual.
"I would hope that your time outside went well father" dada said to grandpa.
"Yes we had a wonderful time together" grandpa said sitting down on his chair.

"So sorry I'm late Yui spluttered speedily walking into the room to her seat in between daddy and papa Laito.
"As you should be you kept us waiting" dada started but I didn't want him to be mean, so pouting I stared to giggle.
"Hi yu-yu do you want to meet my new friend" I say hugging Mr penguin tightly unaware that all my dads and grandpa's annoyance had diffused completely with my voice and actions.

"Oh what's his name Haruki?" Me and Yui are now friends but she doesn't really talk to me much. I wonder why, but me Lammy and Mr penguin need to be her friend.

"His name is Mr penguin grandpa gave him to me. He's so soft and cuddly oh I need to introduce him to Lammy" I looked to her expecting Lammy to be there as well, but he wasn't "where's Lammy?" I asked my voice getting lighter and my mood dropping a bit.
Unknown to me my dads and grandpa where now glaring at the woman.
Spluttering she told me quickly "oh-h he was t-tired and so I-I put him in your bed to sleep".
I froze at her response and then started smiling at Lammy's silliness,
"Oh really he must be very sleepy I need to introduce him to grandpa. Oh we can do that after dinner and have a tea party oh and then we could read a bed time story together"
No pov
The little boy was rambling on about things he could do with his grandpa the brothers all felt something in their hearts something they didn't like especially one when he spoke out,
"Do you not like tea party's with me and teddy?" Kanato asked feeling very rejected and hurt which was evident in his face.

Unaware Haruki responded "of course I do silly your tea party's are the best but I want to spend time with grandpa, ah we could play tomorrow all of us that will be so fun" Haruki was bubbling with happiness well that was until Shu spoke out.
"We will have to save that for a few days Haruki"

"What?, why?" Haruki's confused voice called out.

"Tomorrow you start daycare"

12 December 2021
1384 words

^couldn't not put that here it's too good