Months [19]

Months had gone by with the little boy staying with his grandpa.
Karlheinz had never felt happier in his eternal form on earth, Karlheinz still didn't think Haruki was safe enough to go back to his sons and that he himself didn't want to go back to life was before Haruki ,alone. Of course Karlheinz allowed select of Haruki's fathers to call but he has never let them round to see him much to their annoyance. They have the right to see their son but the boys grandfather wasn't allowing them to.

"Grandpa,Grandpa,Grandpa" the little vampire called running into his grandpas room stamping his bare stubby feet waking Karlheinz up.
Although Haruki had his own room he stayed in his grandpas most nights as he felt lonely missing his dads.

"Haruki, what are doing up at this time?" It was quite early in the morning especially for the small boy.

"THE DUCKIES, THERE ARE MORE DUCKIES" he cheered happily. Recently Haruki had found out about a small pond in one of the outside spaces/ courtyards, a pond that Karlheinz didn't even know he had.
Haruki absolutely loved the ducks especially the baby ones, he visits and feeds them bread which he steals from the kitchen daily without anyone noticing him or well people pretending they didn't see him.
"More?" Karlheinz grumbled rubbing his eyes going to sit up facing his young grandson noticing that he still is in his Pyjamas.
"What did we say about you needing to be dressed before you go running around?" Karlheinz asked, he absolutely loved teasing his grandson and seeing his adorable confused face and then when he realises his mistake his eyes will brighten up to the point stars where appearing, he would then jump into his grandpas arms snuggling into him.
"Sorry grandpa the ducks needed me and the duckies too" he called cuddling into his grandpas chest as he was sat on the bed.
"Ducklings little man, baby ducks are called ducklings" he told his grandson petting his head.
"Oh, but there so cute and needed feeding" Haruki whined having to step back as his grandpa stood up then going straight back into cuddling him.

Haruki missed his fathers and Yui a lot but felt bad if he asked his grandpa to go back to them plus his fathers wouldn't even let him outside much less letting him visit the pond which his grandpa did. A pond that Haruki barely knew about. Even Karlheinz wouldn't have let him go close to that pond if he lived back at that mansion, it was way too deep for a child to be anywhere near also the fact that the pond had nothing living in it much less ducks that Haruki so much adores that reside in the small shallow pond that is in his grandfathers castle surrounded by pretty trees and flowers much safer for the almost 5 year old.

Haruki's fathers however have been distraught about the loss of their child, only Reiji was able to call mainly because he didn't tell the others well except for Subaru who he thought deserved to know, unbeknown to those two Shu knew about the phone calls as well. Shu desperately wanted to be able to call his son but knew that his younger brother wouldn't let him and he wasn't going begging the man who made him ,knowing still that he wouldn't be able to reach his son. Shu's active life didn't change but his mental one did, as much as he tried he couldn't fall asleep and when he did he would have this one nightmare of his son being taken away over and over again with Haruki not looking back giggling and smiling into Shu's father , but this nightmare sadly was reality Haruki had been taken away from Shu and he couldn't feel less alone anymore.

Kanato was very effected but not in the way his brothers would of expected, they expected after a while for him to be constantly crying and screaming his head off but this was much more concerning especially to Laito, Ayato couldn't care much but this was still slightly unsettling. Kanato would have tea party's every few days but he pretended that Haruki was there playing with him with both Lammy, Teddy and Mr Penguin with a few other stuffed animals as well joining and all playing together completely unaccepting the fact that the small child wasn't there.

Laito was concerned about his older brother quite a bit but he was just using that to distract himself from the stab to his heart that he felt without his little boy running around there wanting constant attention and cuddles. Laito misses reading his tiny-kun in all his weird voices acting out the roles of the characters, Laito most nights read himself the books he read to Haruki smiling softly to himself at the memory's the two both had together.

Ayato on the others hand acted as if he couldn't care less. He still paraded round the mansion like he owned the place and everyone living there taking blood from Yui whenever he felt like it and living his life as if nothing had happened. But deep down this was his copping mechanism he was broken he had lost the person who looked up to him, aspiring to be like him and Ayato could do nothing to get him back. He acted as if he didn't care to avoid the truth going as far to ignore his brothers depressed behaviour telling himself that everything was going to be fine but deep down he knew it wasn't no matter what he did.

Subaru and Reiji where slightly different, they had the ability to talk to their son unlike the others. Karlheinz had specifically told them that the others hadn't earned the right to a call. The two were aloud to call him once a day for 2 hours maximum which they both had to use to the best making sure that they weren't calling at a time that was too close to Haruki's lunch ,bed or bath time causing the 2 hours to be cut short so they tended to call him just after his dinner and end just before his bath and bed time. Reiji and Subaru had decided mutually that they would alternate the calls each day as to not overwhelm the small vampire child. They both had been getting along better all due to their son.

Anyhoo now back to our baby

Haruki stood with pouty lips, fiddling with his pyjama v neck shirts sleeves as they were very oversized. Looking up to his grandpa who had exited his bathroom now dressed Haruki waddled over knowing that he was going to have to get dressed.

"Grandpa where are all the duckies coming from" Haruki asked innocently looking up to his grandpa who was finding clothes for his baby grandson to wear.

"They come from eggs, now here let's get you dressed" Karlheinz replied turning round, only to see Haruki wide eyed looking terrified.

"W-what?"

Haruki's pov

'No no no no. They can't come from eggs' I stared in disbelief at grandpa how can he say that he eats eggs all the time.

'He kills baby duckies'

"What's wrong Haruki" grandpa asks.
'What? How can he ask me that?' I thought

"Your killing them" i cry out.
"Your eating the duckies"

No pov

Instantly knowing his emotional grandson Karlheinz picked him up rocking him around slowly stroking his back making sure that tears don't spill.

"No,no. There aren't any ducklings in the eggs we eat" he says instantly before the boys mind could wander any further.

"H-how do you-u know that?" Haruki asks weakly ostriching himself into his grandpas neck still on the brink of tears.

"Your grandpa is very smart you see. He knows about all things especially if eggs have ducks in" the once ruthless vampire kings says in an extremely child enjoyable voice.

"Really" haruki then asked de ostrighing himself slightly in a better mood.

"Yeah and I've made sure every time we've eaten eggs no ducks have been inside" with those final words Haruki cuddles happily into his beloved grandpas arms.

"Now we need to get you dressed there are going to be a few visitors coming round"

7th January 2022
1396 words
Also just published a new book Alien chick
If you want to read it you can see it on my profile
It is another diabolik lovers book
Please check it out