Chapter 5

A/N: A messy, not-at-all-proportionally-accurate floor plan for your viewing/imagining pleasure ^^^

Doe's POV:

I stared motionless in front of the double doors while Xander gathered up the instruments that must have been dropped off prior from in front of it.

The doors themselves had to be at least 12 feet tall, curving in an arch at the top.

"Are the size of these things really necessary?" I voiced.

If anything, it made it look like they were hard to open.

Xander snickered, hoisting my guitar over his shoulder, "Nothing on this floor is 'necessary' per se, just for the added flair of housing royals."

Right... I was gonna have to get used to this rather quick then.

I took a step back as he approached the silver handles with the familiar black box sitting atop the lock.

"Remind me to add yours into the system after we get settled," he said, placing his thumb upon it.

The click signifying its unlock sounded smoother here than it did in the old room.

My anticipation for wanting to know what the room I was about to live in for the next while built as he pushed the door open into it, and stepped back, gesturing for me to enter first.

"Welcome home," he spoke as I made my way in.

The words pulled at something in me but didn't hinder my need to take in the new environment.

This room was absolutely huge, as was the bed that sat across from me against the back wall.

It looked like the bed had been made perfect, the deep blue velvet comforter laying without a single wrinkle.

A wide variety of sizes and shapes of pillows piles neatly at the head of it.

And here I thought our old one was stupidly large...

Another door sat right beside the nightstand on either side of the bed, leading to what looked like an outside balcony

And from there, two identical L-shaped bookshelves were pushed into back corners, absolutely filled with books.

I hadn't realized that I had been slowly walking over the dark wooden floor until I forced myself to stop at the center of the room, silently drinking in everything that I could.

A sudden pop from wood crackling from fire made me do a full 180 to face the wall I had come in from.

The source of the noise came from the right of the door with how I was facing it, stemming from the low-burning fireplace that jutted into the room

A dark leather couch sat a bit back facing it, with two cushioned rocking chairs facing each other, all creating a nice little square area around the fire.

Right in the middle of it, where I thought a coffee table would be nice, instead sat what looked to be a chaise lounge, except it had no legs and instead just sat right on the floor.

He mentioned that he enjoyed reading on the floor by the fire... I guess I'd always just imagined him laying directly on it.

So I guess instead of a table to set things there, he had a small table on either side of the couch, already decorated with coasters and what had to be a fake plant.

To the left of the door was a long desk pushed into the corner, office supplies, and organizational setups all placed nice and neat, with the wheeled chair pushed into its designated area.