Chapter 50

A/N: If you've happened to miss every other announcement up until now, I have recently (finally) started up my Patreon! All extra scenes and the smut that I've 'robbed' from you can be found over there. The link is in my WP and Insta bio.

Xander's POV:

I blinked at her, the light of that ever-building fluster creeping onto her face.

By some kind of coincidence, making me take on quite the opposite.

"Oh yeah?" I questioned, trying to press her for more, "And what is it that you'd like to do?"

My teasing forwardness looked to have surprised her, hand tightening around mine.

"Well... We did kind of get interrupted back in that hallway, so maybe we could finish what we started?"

She spoke it more like an answer rather than a follow-up question with the way she stepped back, pulling me with her towards the bed.

My smile turned almost giddy at her eagerness, debating if I should just scoop her up now and save up a few seconds.

I dared to test the scents in the air, catching the first stages of her arousal.

For the second time today.

Which gave mine the go-ahead and set my plan into motion, quickly scooping her up again by her thighs.

Her squeal turned into a jovial giggle, locking her arms and ankles around me while her hands already grabbed and tugged my shirt upwards.

I was beginning to think that her greed was starting to match mine when it came to matters like this.

Though now that the words I'd been hiding had been spoken... now that she was mine, the greed was... different.

You cant take more of something that you already have, just build upon it and make sure that it has the means and wants to stay yours.

She was mine, but now I wanted her to remember why. To show her through her body a glimpse of what this gift meant to me.

Now that I wasn't panicking about it. Now that my mind had been cleared.

I wanted to do things a little differently this time.

I laid her on the bed first, both of us moving in a way that got my shirt off impressively smoothly.

The look she gave me, that elated yet devilish look as she tossed my shirt to the side and opened her arms in another invitation was such a welcome sight.

Now that I could accept the feelings that came with such a warm sight, and the emotional thrill now knowing that they were reciprocated.

I scooped her back up, bringing us both to the head of the bed, on the side that had become the designated spot for well... this, placing a soft kiss on her lips as I set her down.

She was the one to hold me and draw it out longer, fingers slowly trailing back through my hair and across my scalp.

"There's my boy," she whispered, sending heated shivers down my back and deepening the purr that still hadn't stopped.

Shit, that sounded way too good, and the warm agreeance spread quickly throughout my body.

There was heat in our movements, but also a heavy tenderness that told me that she was on a similar page as me when it came down to how we were going to do this.

The passion was there, but it was slow, delicate. A desire for the closeness, for the connection itself more than what came at the end.

Of course, both were always rightly present during the past times we've done this, but just like those past times, they each stemmed from something different.