Chapter 24

Doe's POV:

The soft press of fingerpads pulled their way agonizingly slow down the skin of my sides.

"A-Alex," My stammer was nothing but a pleading pant.

His lips lifted from my collar bone, green eyes peering up at me with flaming confidence. A smirk tugged at the corners of his lips before his tongue ran over the bottom one.

"Yes?" The single word rumbled deep in his chest, speaking it expectantly.

The air around me was burning, and only getting warmer the longer he kept that gaze on me.

His shirtless skin wasn't offering me any sort of relief, every spot of contact our bodies shared burning hotter than the rest.

The desperate hold I had on his shoulder, my other fingers bent around his tricep but fighting against absolutely nothing to draw him closer.

He was already on top of me, he couldn't possibly go anywhere and yet I took the precaution.

I fought against the invisible fire baking both of us.

Or just me. He looked completely unaffected.

He could fix this. I knew he could.

"I need you to- mph!" My lips pressed together tight at his movements.

As he lowered himself to right under my belly button, teasing my body with his tongue.

I was gonna lose it if this continued much longer.

That same look again, this time from further down my body.

"You need me to what, Dove?" he inquired, his innocent tone attempting to mask the roguery that laid just beneath it.

My stomach did a somersault at the sight, flustering me beyond anything that I was used to.

I wanted to snap back, to regain some of my control of the situation.

To regain and match the confidence he was showing me with a nip of my own, but I couldn't do anything through the increasing temperature.

That, and the internal strain my body was experiencing

I had to take in a few heavy breaths to will the words out of my mouth.

"Fix this," I begged, not even trying to hide it in my voice.

He was the answer. I knew he was

I didn't know how, or why, but that didn't change the facts.

My eyes squeezed shut, everything becoming borderline unbearable.

"Please," the word fell as a pathetic whimper, not having the strength left to be anything but genuine.

A quick grab of both his hands against my hips had my eyes springing open again, both from the shock of the suddenness of it, and that the action worked in turning down whatever was currently affecting me.

Not entirely, but enough for me to notice and feel the relief.

"Like this?" He teased, laying out the playing field, and awaiting the curt reply that would usually come from me.

The cheeky banter I'd become such a spitfire at was now leaving me with no words.

My head was blank, only truly processing his hands against my body.