Chapter 58

Doe's POV:

Xander gave me a '30 minutes, max' on his time spent at the party, and now I was waiting to see just how close he got to it.

I didn't mind one way or the other if he went over. He was a prince, and one who enjoyed chatting it up with his people, so really I was just interested.

And kinda bored, but that's what I get for not going with him.

I got all comfy in my arguably skimpy pajamas and curled up in bed with a book, fighting off my fatigue.

Getting up early, for once, wiped me out but I wasn't ready to completely succumb to that yet.

Which was why when someone started knocking at the door a little bit ago, I didn't even attempt to go and answer it.

I didn't order anything, and it didn't feel right to guess that Xander got me anything either, so I just left it be.

If it was an important message for him or something I'm sure word will get to him eventually.

The click of the lock sprung me up into a sitting position. Perfect to watch him walk back in and give me that excited little smile he has no matter how long we'd been apart.

I glanced at the clock.

"Damn," I tisked, "Thirty-one minutes exactly."

He grinned at my insinuation, kicking the door shut while he worked at undoing his tie.

"I may be a minute late, but I come with some juicy info," He began as he approached.

Oh right! He did say he'd try to make Nico slip

He worked at Nico, and I worked at Khloe.

Except on her birthday. I gave her a break today.

Especially after her beyond positive reaction to my cupcakes.

"Perhaps you can be forgiven then," I crossed my legs under the blanket, "Speak."

He did right after sitting down on the edge of the bed.

"Nico's absolutely getting laid tonight. Or at least in ten minutes from what I've heard." He spilled,

I choked out a laugh at his very direct answer and the very assured way in which he said it.

If he was speaking it as fact, then he believed it as fact, and Xander didn't claim facts so easily.

"Seriously? I mean, on her birthday it makes sense but- she put him on a time limit!?"

Go her. Get him all riled up and such.

Actually, that did sound like Khloe, maybe not with that intention, but still.

She probably just wanted to make sure things were perfect.

Thinking about it did feel a bit... strange.

Khloe was more of a shy type who'd get red in the face just by me asking romance questions about the books we share.

Then again, she did have a bold side on certain occasions...hm...

I guess at the end of the day it's really none of my business, but with all of these exciting secret romances brewing, I can't help but wonder.

"She did. 45 minutes if my math is correct. Poor dude looked like he was going to combust that whole time." He explained.

"I don't blame him. If you got me all hot and bothered before sending me off a to a party, I'd be pissed."

He chuckled, reaching out a hand for mine.