Chapter 46

Doe's POV:

Hands grabbed my thighs, lifting my feet from the floor before the world around me rushed by.

He stopped for only a second before progressing, and within that second, I processed the three walls surrounding us in this new space.

Then my back hit the wall, my front meeting with his, and his lips took mine with much more fervor than I had anticipated.

Not that I minded.

At all.

I guess he really wasn't kidding when he told me that he could get himself in the mood with a snap of my fingers.

As if I wasn't already close to matching the heat he was feeding me with his tongue currently in my mouth.

My ankles locked behind his back, solidifying him there with me.

He'd already told me that he needed me, but feeling it in moments like this never got old.

I draped a hand over his shoulder, nails digging into his shirt, the other languidly twirling and teasing his hair.

He responded by shifting his legs, settling his knee against the wall, and having me partially sit on it to give his hands the chance to do something.

And that something was apparently slipping under my shirt, fingers splaying and sliding around my waist. Then curling and pulling me impossibly closer to him.

For once, I actually felt the need to keep quiet, suppressing every little sound I know he enjoyed earning.

Suppressing us both down to just heavy breaths with the occasional hushed groan or mewl.

His purr definitely wasn't trying to keep quiet, that's for sure.

But the direct feel of it against me was certainly making it harder for me to do so.

I knew he had to be on the lookout with his ears, or whatever other vampiric sense he was using, but we both stayed somewhat on the side of caution.

Or, I did, Xander on the other hand apparently had other plans.

He broke the kiss, allowing me a moment to catch my breath, yet keep my mind racing wondering what his next move was.

His left hand pulled from under my shirt and up my arm, pulling at my sleeve until my shoulder was exposed.

He was lucky that I was wearing a fabric that allowed for that movement with little resistance, his head lowering down to the skin he'd just exposed.

I don't know what I was expecting, bit it certainly wasn't a bite.

With just his front teeth, but it still yanked a shocked yelp from me that I couldn't catch in time.

My face flamed, hearing the sound echo slightly through the halls, followed promptly by the sound of Xanders snickering right into my shoulder.

"Xander!" I quietly scolded through clenched teeth, effectively making him laugh even harder.

"Sorry," he replied, kissing over the spot he'd bitten, "I couldn't help myself."

I think he, the uncharacteristic mastermind he'd become with these things, had somehow trained my body to simply forgive and forget the moment his tongue came into play, the warmth from it flicking out against the bite, soothing the remaining ache.

Easing me back down into him.

God, I had to work on that. I couldn't give in so easily every time.

...Okay maybe sometimes I can.