Chapter 33

Doe's POV:

I lazed in the lounge that sat by the low burning fireplace, book in hand and sipping on a lemony drink that Lily had dropped by.

Occasionally getting distracted by glancing up at Xander who worked on something at his desk.

Shirtless, may I add.

In his defense, I did humbly request to wear one of his shirts, and he simply gave me the one he had just put on.

And I wasn't complaining about the view at all.

So we both just stayed in our respective half of Xander's lounge clothes.

I had a feeling that neither of us planned on leaving the room today anyway, or especially not me.

Given the fact that my entire body hurt and I was completely covered in hickeys and the like.

My legs alone haven't known a moment of peace since he decided to get his tongue involved down there, aching at any minuscule movement.

Worth it.

I tried to focus my attention back on the book instead of the way he was somehow spinning the pen on his fingers.

At the focused gaze I could see thanks to the headband holding back his hair.

My stomach did a little unnecessary flip when that gaze flicked to me, followed by a strange question.

"Do you want to keep 'Doe'?"

I blinked at him, just raising a brow.

"As your name," He clarified, "For your official citizenship records. If you want to change it to something else, now's your chance."

Oh.

I didn't have to think about my answer for long.

"I wanna keep it," I told.

That name was the first thing I'd ever had to truly call mine. I couldn't imagine it being anything else.

He nodded, jotting something down.

"And if you had to choose a last name?"

I didn't think much on that one either, just began to blurt out the first one that came to mind.

"Vander-" I drew out the last sound for a few seconds, eyes widening as soon as I realized which last name I was about to say.

Oh shit.

I looked up to see the widely amused look on Xander's face, the pen slowly inching down onto the paper.

"Don't you dare write that down!"

He burst into a fit of innocent laughter.

"Fine fine," He dismissed, setting the pen down and turning the chair to face me.

He set his elbows on his knees, crossing his arms, "Any other last name options come to mind then?"

I'd never thought about anything like this.

The only last names I knew were that of vampiric royalty and Khloe's.

Was there some sort of rule a last name followed? A specific way it needed to sound compared to the first?

"Does it have to sound a certain way? Or have a certain amount of letters?" I asked.

All the ones I've heard were relatively long.

He gave a little shrug.

"Not necessarily. It's just a name like any other in this circumstance."

My brows drew together the longer I thought.