𝟎𝟎𝟎

Prologue.

PROLOGUE

PROLOGUE

━━━━━━━━━━

"What is his problem?!"

The man paces the room breathing heavily. "Sorry excuse for a..." he stops talking when he sees the auburn-haired brunette staring at her bruised wrist.

"It's not as bad as last time, Bobby." The 6 year-old manages a small smile.

Bobby slightly slumps his shoulders. He walks over to the young girl and crouches in front of her. Athena always had a light to her, no matter how much John would yell or put her down; she always smiled.

Soft footsteps are heard coming down the stairs. Bobby and Athena look at the 16 year old Sam who was cowering on the steps, his head peaking between the railing. He walks over to his little sister and hands her the ice pack.

Athena presses her lips into a small smile, accepting it. She places the ice pack against her wrist.

"Thank you." Athena whispers, looking down at the floor. 

An uncomfortable silence settles in the living room. Sam looks at Bobby. Both of them knew what question Athena was gonna ask next. They just waited patiently.

"Is he still mad?"

Sam looks back at his little sister and quietly sighs. Athena always cared about what others thought about her. Especially her father and brothers. Anytime any of them got John pissed, he would send them off to Bobby's so he would have time to himself. This time, Athena spilled juice over his journal. Dean and Sam tried to clean it before John got back, but sadly they failed.

Athena wasn't worried about her bruised wrist. She was worried about how long Dean and John were going to stay mad at her. Dean wanted to go hunting with his dad, not sit around all day.

Athena didn't know why that journal meant so much to to her father. And she hated being left out of things. But if not knowing meant her father was happy, then she would just suck it up.

Hurried footsteps are heard coming down the stairs, drawing everyone's attention.

Sam knits his brows together.

"And what are you cheesing about?" Bobby questions the smiling Dean.

Dean holds up his flip phone. "Dad's outside."