𝟎𝟓𝟕

Sin City.

chapter fifty-seven , Sin City

━━━━━━━━━━

Athena didn't remember the last time she made an invention.

After the car crash, she had lost her goggles—even her swear jar. There were things important to Athena she had lost and at some point, she just stopped doing the things she loved. She didn't want people to think she was still the immature child she was just because she still enjoyed the same things.

So, when Bobby asked her if she wanted to help him repair the Colt she immediately declined. Bobby expected Athena to decline. She had been spending so much time avoiding the three men, he wanted to offer her something to do that he knew she would enjoy.

But Athena is a stubborn girl.

Then again, so is Bobby.

Man. He is a stubborn man. Not girl...feel like I didn't have to clarify that, but I did anyway—

Athena walks down the stairs and her boots hit the wooden floor with a thud. Bobby lifts his eyes up from the broken Colt and looks at the girl. "Look who's finally out."

Athena presses her lips together. "Not for long. Just came down for some water." She walks into the kitchen with Gil on her heels.

"Your brothers went out on a food run."

Athena hums, "So that's why I sense a little less stupid, right now." She grabs a water bottle from the fridge and closes it. Athena grabs a bowl from the dishwasher and pours some of the water into it. She lightly taps the counter signaling the cat. Gil hops up and begins to drink his water.

"That cat better not be on my counter."

Athena smirks into her water bottle. "Of course not."

"Athena..."

The girl pokes her head out from the kitchen and looks at Bobby still seated in the study. His eyes were squinted and he was practically throwing daggers at her. Athena had an innocent smile across her lips.

"Bobby," Athena walks over to the man with her arms out. "would I lie to you?"

"I dunno..." Bobby clicks his tongue. "Recently you've been kind of a brat."

Athena lets out a content sigh, "Yeah, I know."

Her eyes fall to the broken Colt and she raises her brows. Athena watches as Bobby works on the object. She opens her water bottle, "That's the cylinder release."

Bobby looks at Athena, "What?"

"The cylinder release. That's what you're holding. In your hand. Right now." Athena speaks slowly.