𝟎𝟏𝟑

Bloody Mary.

CHAPTER THIRTEEN , BLOODY MARY

━━━━━━━━━━

Flashback

Everything happened so fast.

Athena just wanted all the yelling to stop. But she knew it wouldn't end, not anytime soon. Her eyes shift between Sam and John as they continue to argue. She knew Sam just wanted to live a normal life. He wanted to go to college and he has made it clear to everyone that he was ready to leave.

Athena was happy for Sam, Dean was annoyed. He was the mediator--like always. He wanted to make sure the argument didn't escalate to anything more. Athena looks down at her book and continues to read. She thought that they would argue, Sam would leave for a couple of hours and come back like nothing happened. That was the routine until John spoke again.

"IF YOU WALK OUT THAT DOOR. DON'T YOU EVER COME BACK!"

"Dad, come on," Dean says.

Silence settles in the Motel room. Athena looks at Sam, who was running on anger. Her eyes shift to his duffel bag that was already packed on his bed. Her eyes widen when Sam scoffs and grabs it. Without looking back, Sam grabs the doorknob and opens the door.

"Wait..." She barely manages to get out.

Sam steps out of the Motel room and slams the door shut. Athena's breathing quickens and she pulls her brows together. He's gonna come back...right?

"Sammy!" Athena runs toward the door. She goes to grab the doorknob.

"And where do you think you're going?"

Athena freezes and her eyes fill with tears.

"Is he gonna come back?" Athena asks, turning to Dean and John. "He's gonna come back, right?" she looks at Dean, who looks away from her; not able to tell her the truth.

"He's not coming back, Athena." John scoffs. "Serves him right." he walks over to the mini-fridge, grabbing one of his beers. He looks back at his daughter, who was on the verge of crying.

"Stop crying. He was gonna abandon use sooner or later."

"Abandon?" Athena slowly shakes her head. "N-No, no, no, no..." her breathing becomes quick and she opens the door.

"SAM!"

She looks around the parking lot, not seeing her brother. The tears in Athena's eyes run down her face.

Dean steps out of the Motel room, seeing Athena sobbing. "Athy, it's cold. Come back inside."

"He promised me..." Athena whispers.