𝟎𝟓𝟗

Fresh Blood.

CHAPTER FIFTY-NINE , FRESH BLOOD

━━━━━━━━━━

If you were to ask anyone, out of the three siblings; Athena and Dean had the worst arguments. Even the eldest sibling would agree with that.

That was until Dean witnessed Sam and Athena at odds for the first time ever.

While at the motel room; Sam had been talking nonstop about ways and ideas to help Dean out of his deal. He knew that Dean wouldn't have been listening because he genuinely didn't care. But he expected Athena to care. It was getting closer to Dean dying and Athena still was uninterested in helping Dean.

Sam had tried to keep his mouth about it for the past couple of months.

But today he couldn't take it.

Sam had been pacing the room back and forth. Dean was eating his chili fries while Athena's eyes were glued to her book with Gil in her lap.

"Okay, what about a witch—"

"Sam, no." Dean says his mouthful of fries.

Sam sighs, "Dean you're killing me here..." he runs a hand down his face. He sits on the bed and keeps his eyes on the book in front of him. Sam begins to flip through it. "I'm dying here—"

"Sam, don't be so careless with your words." Dean lets out a playful gasp.

"Yeah, I mean...we all know who's the dying one here." Athena clears her throat and points at Dean. "It's him."

"I got that—thanks." Sam's tone was curt. Dean raises his brows, taking notice.

Athena looks back at her book.

"What else am I missing?" Sam whispers. He pinches the bridge of his nose and softly groans.

"Headache?" Dean asks.

Sam looks back at the book, "Yeah, just a little."

"Maybe you shouldn't try so hard." Athena reaches over the table and grabs a fry from Dean. Sam clenches his jaw so hard that he almost breaks his teeth.

"I've had a lot less headaches since I haven't been worrying abo—"

"Maybe, you should try helping once in a while."

Dean freezes mid-eating a fry. Athena closes the book she was reading and chuckles. "It's about damn time, you said something." She turns to him. "For a second, I thought you were gonna bitch out and keep quiet."