𝟎𝟓𝟒

The Magnificent Seven.

chapter fifty-four , The Magnificent Seven

━━━━━━━━━━

It was now night. Bobby, Jo, Athena, and Dean were all sitting in the car; waiting for Sam to come back with any news on his side.

"What time is it?"

"Seven past midnight."

Athena scoffs, her eyes glued to her Rubik's cube. "You could've just said, 12:07."

"You sure this is the right place?" Bobby asks.

Athena arches a brow, "Uh, yeah. I spent all day looking through this stupid ass town with this asshole's stupid ass face." She then motions. "And he drinks at this stupid ass bar."

"Hey, perk up." Jo nudges Athena's arms. "This isn't so bad."

Athena huffs, "That's because you want to be here—"

A bang is heard on Dean's side of the window. All the hunters flinch and turn to see Sam laughing. Athena exhales a growl. "Wow, everyone's a fucking comedian today."

Sam pulls the door open.

"That's not funny." Dean snaps.

"Yeah. Uh, all right, so—" Sam shoves Dean's seat forward and sits in the back with Athena. "John Doe's name is Walter Rosen. He's from Oak Park, just West of Chicago. Went missing about a month ago."

"The night the Devil's Gate opened?"

"Yeah."

"So, you think he's possessed?" Dean asks.

"I think he's just backpacking through each state, collecting license plates." Athena voices. She then rolls her head to the side and looks at Dean. "Of course he's possessed."

She then scoffs, "God, with each month that goes by on this 'one way trip to Hell' thing. Do you lose your braincells as well?"

Dean pouts his lower lip and sinks into his seat. Sam couldn't help but chuckle at Dean's reaction. Jo softly snorts and looks out the window. "So, what, he just walks up to someone, touches them, and they go stark raving psycho or something?"

"Those demons that got out at the gate—they're gonna do all kinds of things we haven't seen." Bobby states.

"You mean the demons we let out?" Sam questions.