𝟎𝟏𝟖

Skin.

"That Shifter knocked you on your—"

"Athy..."

"What? I was gonna say butt." Athena looks at Sam.

"You think he found another way underground?" Sam asks.

"Probably." Dean says. "You got the keys?"

Athena glances at her eldest brother. "Hey, didn't dad once face a Shapeshifter in San Antonio?"

"No, that was Austin. Remember?" Dean chuckles. "And it turned out not to be a Shapeshifter. It was a thought-form—a psychic projection."

Athena's back straightens, "Oh, silly me." She sputters. "How could I forgot?"

"Here you go." Sam tosses Dean's the keys and he catches them with ease.

Athena watches as Dean moves his former left arm without any pain.

Sam and Athena exchange a suspicious look and round the car. Dean opens the trunk, before he could grab anything, Sam stands beside him.

"Don't move!" Sam aims his gun at Dean. "What have you done with him?"

"Dude, chill. It's me, all right?" Dean holds his hands up.

"No, I don't think so. Where's our brother?" Sam asks, not budging.

"You're about to shoot him. Sam, calm down." Dean chuckles nervously. His eyes dart to the young girl.

"Athy, come on—"

"Don't talk to her!" Sam snaps. "You caught those keys with your left. Your shoulder was hurt."

"Yeah. It's better. What do you want me to do, cry?" Dean shrugs.

"You're not our brother." Athena speaks.

"Why don't you pull the trigger, then, hmm?" Dean takes a step forward.

Athena notices Sam's hands start to shake with doubt. "Don't let him trick you."

Dean squints his eyes at the girl and she tenses. "Really? After everything I've done for you?"

Athena squints her eyes. "If you were my older brother. You would know that you haven't done anything for me." She tilts her head. "He knows that he has a lot of making up to do."

Dean shifts his gaze between Sam and Athena. He lets out a silent chuckle. Faster than the girl could blink, Dean slams the gun out of Sam's hand and hits a pipe over his head. Athena's eyes widen.

"You are too smart for your own good, Athy." The Shifter walks over to her.

Athena steps away from the creature wearing her brother's face. Before she could do anything else, he slams her head into the side of the car; knocking her out.