𝟎𝟐𝟕

Faith.

"What'd you guys find out?"

Athena nervously looks at Dean, then glances at Sam. The middle Winchester clears his throat.

"I'm sorry."

Dean pulls his brows together. "Sorry about what?"

"Marshall Hall...died at 4:17." Athena adds, her eyes on her fidgeting hands.

"The exact time I was healed."

Sam nods, "Yeah..."

"So, Athena put together a list of everyone Roy has healed—six people over the past year."

Athena grabs the papers of research. "And I cross-checked them with the local obits." She holds them out to Dean, who grabs the papers.

"Everytime someone has healed, someone else died, and each time, the victim died of the same symptom Le Grange was healing at the time." Sam adds.

"Someone's healed of cancer, someone else dies of cancer?" Dean asks.

"Somehow, Le Grange is trading a life for another."

Dean sits down and rubs his forehead. "Wait, wait, wait—so...Marshall Hall died to save me?"

Athena's throat tightens and she looks at the floor.

"Dean...the guy probably would've died anyway and someone else would've been healed." Sam says.

"We'll, we know his name." Athena speaks. "His name is Marshall, not some guy..."

"You guys never should've brought me here." Dean stands up.

"No, this was all me, okay?" Sam speaks. "Athy had nothing to do with this."

Athena inhales a soft breath, making sure her voice doesn't shake while she speaks. "We were trying to save your life—"

"Marshall is dead now because of me!"

Athena flinches and she sinks in her seat. "I'm sorry." She quickly says.

Dean notices Athena start to shut down and he quietly sighs. "No, I shouldn't have yelled." He rubs his forehead.

"The thing I don't understand is, how is Roy doing it?" Sam asks. "How is he trading a life for a life?"

"He's not doing it." Athena wipes at her eyes. "I have a hypothesis."

Sam and Dean look at the timid girl.

"Whatcha got?"

"Uh...something else is going it for him." Athena scratches the side of her nose.

"What do you mean?"

Athena looks at her eldest brother. "You said you saw an old man onstage?"

Dean nods his head, his brows pulled together.