𝟎𝟏𝟎

Phantom Traveler.

CHAPTER TEN , PHANTOM TRAVELER

━━━━━━━━━━

*Content warning*

Flashback

John and Dean went on a hunting trip. They went without Athena and Sam. The middle Winchester didn't mind staying behind, Especially without John around. For a minute, Sam was able to breathe. Before John and Dean left, their father saw Athena eating a sandwich.

"Are you seriously eating again?"

That was the first time Athena ate that day. The first time she's eaten in 3 days, actually. And John knew that. He just wanted to make her feel like shit. He always did. And Athena always listened to him. She always thought he was right.

Athena paces around the bathroom. She scratches at her wrist, quietly muttering to herself.

"It's not enough. Nothing is ever enough."

She looks down at her watch.

7:05 pm

Sam wasn't going to be home from the store for a few minutes. Athena had to do this quick.

Athena shifts her eyes to the toilet. She's done it before, she's down it hundreds of times. But it didn't work. Athena pinches the skin of her stomach, exhaling softly.

Athena looks at the bathroom counter, her eyes meeting the knife.

"Have to be perfect." She inhales a shaky breath.

'No, you don't—'

"YES I DO!"

7:25 pm

Sam walks into the room with bags of groceries. He knew Athena felt bad about food. In all honesty, there were times he did as well. He didn't know how to handle his way with food. They were on the road, so they ate fast food all the time. There was no way to avoid it.

Sam sets down the bags of board games. "Hey, Athy! I know dad was being an ass—per usual. So, I bought some games. I mean...you've never really played board games, so I didn't know what to get." He lets out a chuckle. His eyes meet the door and he walks over to it.

"Athena?"

Sam goes to knock on the door, but stops when he hears quiet cries. "Athy?" He knocks on the door.

A small clatter is heard and Sam's heart rate quickens. "Athena, can you open the door?" He grabs the doorknob and twists it.

Locked.