𝟎𝟐𝟓

Scarecrow.

Athena looks at Dean and sees him staring at his phone

The girl squints her eyes and massages her temples. She quietly hums. Dean pulls his brows together and turns to his little sister. His brows scrunch together, noticing her glaring at him.

"What—why are you staring at me like that?"

"I'm trying to control your mind so you can actually call Sam about what I find—"

"What you found?—"

"Yes, what I found. Because I found it!" Athena cranes her neck forward. "Call him."

Dean rolls his eyes, but he flips open his phone.

"Oh, let me call him." Athena grabs the phone. "Pay attention to the road."

Athena quickly dials the number, smiling so hard. She presses the phone against her ear.

"Hello?"

"Woooow...someone answered fast." Athena raises her brows and frowns. "Someone's desperate for familial interaction, huh?"

Sam's laugh is heard over the phone and Athena's smile grows.

"Athena, how's it going?"

"Jeepers Creepers, that's how's it going!"

"Uh—what?"

"Give me the phone." Dean grabs it and puts the phone on speaker.

Athena snickers quietly. The three siblings talk on the phone with each other for what seems like hours. "The scarecrow climbed off its cross?"

"Hey, I'm telling you, Burlitsville, Indiana—fun town." Dean says.

"It didn't kill the couple, did it?" Sam asks.

"No. I can cope without you, you know." Dean states. "So something must be animating it—a spirit."

"No, it's more than a spirit." Athena says. "It's a God—A Pagan God, anyway."

"What makes you say that?" Sam asks.

Athena scratches the side of her nose. "The annual cycle of its killings, and the fact that the victims are always a man and a woman. Like a fertility rite."