Chapter 14

Zen's POV

>>The police!<< Cera gasped as she looked in shock towards the door. Shouldn't this girl be happy that someone came to her rescue?! But her behavior was weird she seemed more scared of the police than of us!

>>OPEN UP RIGHT NOW! WE KNOW YOU HOLD THE DOUGTHER OF THE BENNINGTON FAMILY CAPTIVE IN THERE!<<

>>How could they find out about this?!<< Nova shrieked while she began to pack her stuff together.

>>HERE IS JONATHAN GOTHERED! I WILL BREAK DOWN THE DOOR NOW!<< And that was all it needed to turn Cera into a frightened and scared mess. Her eyes went wide, she was about to cry but her shocked state left her completely emotionless. She looked lifeless and dead inside. Immediately I began to move, grabbed her hand, and pulled her towards the stairs. Waize rushed down with a huge bag in his hand.

>>Ok listen guys we have to get out of here! Let's move to the cars! Aurora and Nova, you take Aurora's car, it's in the parking area! Use the balconies to get there. ZEN take Cidalia and get to the next building over the roofs. Your car is on the side street!<< Waize ordered while he threw the car keys to us.

In that moment, the door crushed open and Jonathan eyes laid instantly on Cera. The frightened girl grabbed my hand tighter and hid behind me. Before the police could enter the room Waize threw a smoke bomb in front of them. Immediately the room filled with extreme smoke.

>>Ok now move!<< Waize screamed and opened the fire with his gun. Nova and Aurora jumped out of the window and landed on the next balcony. The police started to fire from outside to hit Aurora and Nova, but they were too fast for their bullets. Aurora made herself invisible every time she got really closed to be hit by a bullet, that saved her some time in order to jump onto the next balcony. Nova immobilized some of the officer by throwing needles at them. While the two girls made their way downstairs, I grabbed Cera's hand and ran up to my room. I pushed her inside, locked the door and threw my closet in front of it. In a hurry I rushed towards the window and smashed it opened. I dragged Cera behind me and together we climbed on the fire stairs towards the top. Finally, we made it to the roof and stood near the edge to jump onto the other buildings roof. It wasn't far and since the other building was shorter it was an easy jump; even for kids but I still was concern about Cera's crumbling state. She still had those lifeless eyes, with tears left in the corner while she kept repeating inaudible words. I didn't know why but I had to protect her at any cost. Not because she was our prisoner but because I was worried about her and even when I never would admit it, but I liked her being around. Carefully I laid both hands on her small and shaking shoulders.

>>Ok listen Cera...<< I spoke in my most gentle and quiet voice. >>We must jump to the other side but don't worry you can make it, it's not far. I will go first and catch you when you jump ok?!<< I looked into her beautiful green cat eyes which shimmered in the early morning sun. She nodded even in her broken and scared state. I smiled and let go of her. With a bit of an attempt, I ran towards the end of the roof and jumped onto the other building. Immediately I turned around and looked towards Cera. She was about to run up and do the same when the door on the rooftop opened and Jonathan walked out.

Cidalia's POV

>>Well it seems like I found what I was searching for!<< I heard the man's voice which I wished I would have never heard again. Jonathan grinned while walking up to me. The small confidence I build up by Zen's beautiful and carrying words vanished in a blink of an eye as soon as I heard Jonathan's despicable voice. Why... why was he here?