Chapter 15

Cidalia's POV

It was in the late afternoon when I woke up in a huge and comfortable bed. Still a bit tiered I sat up and looked around the room when all events from this morning started to pop up in my memories again. Right, we were attacked by Jonathan... I mumbled. My magic must have drained all my energy out of my body... But wait where am I? And where are the others?! Without wasting more time, I jumped out of bed which wasn't my best idea since a wave of dizziness fell upon my body. But I ignored the weird feeling and rushed downstairs.

Immediately I was met with a huge and rustic living room. It looked comfortable with a big wooden sofa and armchair. It had a small bookshelf and an open fireplace. To my left side was a big, opened kitchen with a kitchen island in the middle of the room. I was stunned by the sight in front of me. It was different than the other rooms I had been staying, but I couldn't quite recognize why it felt so different... That's when my eyes fell on the opened windows and door and the answer to my question hit me right in the face... this room was bright!

The light shone through the room lighten it up and creating a warm and gentle atmosphere. Like in trance I stumbled towards the door. I hesitated as I stood in front of it but finally gave up to my curiosity and walked through the wooden door. For a short while I had to close my eyes due to the bright light which was kinda hurting my sensitive eyes. But after some time, I finally adapted them to the brightness and opened slowly my eyes. The sight in front of me filled my eyes with tears and left me speechless when I finally realized where I had been all this time. I was standing on a clear spot which was surrounded by a big forest. I saw trees, flowers, bushes, and grass. It was like the sight out of my window but ten times more beautiful than I ever expected. With small steps I walked outside. My bare feet hit the soft and kinda wet grass. I looked down and saw the small gras blades surrounding my feet like soft fabric. Every new step in this new territory felt like I was walking towards my future and leaving my past behind...

Wind arose inside the woods creating a beautiful sound by it. The leaves where dancing in the wind creating a beautiful song which was heard through the trees while I discovered the region. In front of me was a small area with beautiful red, orange, and pink tulips. I crouched down and gazed in amazement at the beautiful sight. A small butterfly flew directly in front of my face. I held my hand out to let it land on it. I've never seen such a beautiful creature before. The wings sparkle in every color in the sunlight. Before I knew it five more butterflies landed on my hand. Each in different colors and with different patterns on. I had no idea why they all came flying towards me, but I was thankful for the opportunity to finally see a butterfly up close. Before, I only used to see pictures of them in my study books.

All of a sudden, the butterflies started to fly again and surrounded my body. It was like they were dancing with the wind and the leaves together. I replicated their moves and began to spin my body around myself. Never in my entire life have I been able to feel pure joy, but now, at this moment, I have forgotten everything. I didn't care about my family, my past and my role I had in society. I just enjoyed the very moment and let myself be guided by the wind. With a huge smile plastered on my face, I danced together with the leaves, the butterflies, and the wind like I always wanted too. In my euphoria I disregarded a stone, tripped over it, and fell into the soft deep grass. Normally I would have thought that destiny was telling me that I didn't deserve happiness and I should know my place but not this time. This time I laughed about my own clumsiness and rolled myself around in the beautiful grass which became greener by every second. Tears were formed in the corner of my eyes while I couldn't stop laughing. After ten minutes of rolling around I finally stopped to get my breathing under control again. With glee I blanked up into the beautiful clear blue sky while lying in the grass without someone trying to imprison me again.