Chapter 8

Zen's POV

>>Hey guys I'm back!<< Nova shouted while she entered the living room.

>>Where were you?<< I raised an eyebrow and looked up from my phone.

>>I went shopping!<< She beamed cheerfully.

>>But you and Aurora just went out yesterday!<< I raised a brow when I investigated the bags.

>>I know but I got some ingredients for making pizza to celebrate!<< Her cheerful voice filled the whole room. I smiled about her childish but also cute appearance. She always acts so mature in battles that I forgot that she is just 14 years old.

>>What do we have to celebrate?<<

>>I think I've made progress with her to finally open up a little bit, so I thought we could celebrate with her and show her that we aren't bad people!<< She whirled her body around and raised her arms. >>This will be fun!<< As much as I didn't want to destroy her happiness, I wasn't a fan of her celebrating a party with our prisoner. But before I could answer her Aurora stepped inside the living room.

>>You seem happy today Nova! What's going on?<< Wondered Aurora. She nipped on her tea when she walked out of the kitchen.

>>You know how excited I get when we have a pizza day! It makes my life so much more livable!<< Aurora giggled at her words.

>>You are such a sweet nature!<< She ruffled trough Nova's hair destroying the two buns.

>>Hey, stop it you're destroying my hair, I needed so long to bund them together!<< Nova sulked and turned away from her. Aurora smirked about her cute appearance and poked her cheeks.

>>You're just too sweet!<< She laughed and started to tickle the little girl. Nova burst out in laughter.

>>No please stop, I'm ticklish!!! HAHA! PLEASE STOP! HAHA!! ZEN... HELP ME... HAHA!<< I smiled at the scene. It was nice to see those two happy and exuberant. We never had an easy life, but we always could rely on each other. Those two were my only family and I wanted to protect their happiness.

>>So, do you explain to me while we are celebrating?!<< Aurora finally let go of Nova and looked towards her.

>>Well apparently Nova wants to let our prisoner join us at dinner to show her that we aren't bad people!<< I interrupted the conversation and intertwined my arms in front of my chest while glaring at Nova who still smiled brightly at us.

>>You're kidding... right?!<< Aurora said perplex.

Cidalia's POV

"Hey Mel wait up!"

"What do you want Nanami! The battle is over; everything is destroyed, and our comrades are dead! This is all my fault!"

"No, it isn't! Listen you don't have to go alone! I am here for you. We can save this world together! Just let me help!"

"There is no way you can help me! You just end up dying like the rest! Just leave as long as you can! It is dangerous!"

"This is why I won't leave you! Because if I do and you would die, I will never forgive myself! So, I'm coming with you and protect you at all costs!"

"Why are you going this far for my sake! After everything I've done to you!"

"Because I'm your friend dammit! We are in this together and I don't care what happened in the past! I want to see towards the future! But I can't do this without you Mel! I need you just as much as you need me! I don't care if we die on this journey, I just want to spend it with you! So please let me stay your friend!"

I closed the book silently and looked towards the ceiling. I had read the part for the seventh time now since I finished the book. Hot tears flew down my cheeks and I wondered what it would feel like to have a friend as the main character Melody. She made a lot of bad choices and destroyed towns and ended lives because of it, but her best friend was still by her side, encouraging her to go further. Do all friends do this to each other? I always considered some of my maids as friends because they helped me with my studies but apart from that we never talked with each other. Since I read this book, I understood that I never had a real friend and I really wished I could experience it one day. >>Maybe I can become her friend?<< I whispered and stared at the book again. She was always sweet around me and she lent me this book... I should give it back to her... I thought and crawled out of bed. When I stood in front of the door I hesitated. I knew I was allowed to go outside but I always felt safer in the dark room... But I really wanted to talk to her... And before I knew it, I headed upstairs.