Breathe... ~ Lando Norris

Pov
I was sitting on the couch, with my best friend Lando. The television was playing a show, but neither of us was watching. We were both on our phones. I was just scrolling trough instagram as I suddenly saw a post of mental awareness. I tell Lando everything. It's so weird, how such a tiny thing, like an instagram post, can mess you up so bad. I started to tear up. I didn't want Lando to see, so I quickly stood up. "I'm going to the bathroom." He just hummed in response. I walked to the bathroom and looked in the mirror. I looked at my reflection, my eyes were slowly turning red and I hated the person in front of me. I slid down the wall feeling my throat get tighter.

They often ask me what it's like, having a panic attack. Everyone has different experiences of course. Some people have it worse then others. I felt my throat closing as it got harder to breath. My hands were shaking, as I started pulling at my hair. Everything seemed fake. I did not hear Lando calling my name. I did not hear him walking into the bathroom. Everything felt fake as my breathing got worse with the second and tears were rolling down my cheeks.

Lando Pov
She had been gone for about 20 minutes now. I felt something was wrong so I quickly walked upstairs. As soon as I reached the bathroom door I heard sobs and heavy breaths. She was having another panic attack. I ran in and saw her sitting against the wall, curled up, shaking and completely zoned out. I sat down in front of her cross-legged taking her hands. I saw her snap back into reality when she felt my hands.

She was still looking down, not being able to control her breathing. "Hey, shh, I'm here, look." She tried her best to look up, but it was like she couldn't. Her hands were shaking, but I kept holding onto them. I stood up and went to sit behind her. My chin on her shoulder, still holding her hands, as I wrapped my arms around her chest.

My lips were next to her ear, as I started talking. "Hey, it's me, focus on my voice okay?" The tears stopped, but her breathing was still really bad. So I kept on talking to her. "Breathe." I rocked her side to side as her breathing slowly got calmer. "There you go, you're doing so great. Deep breaths. Shhh." I calmed her down and she kept lying in my chest. I carried her to her bed, pulling the blankets over her body. I kissed her head softly and went to walk away.

"No. Stay." I heard her choke out. "Okay. I'll stay." I sat on the other side of the bed as she immediately cuddled into my side, giving me butterflies. She has been my best friend since forever, but I couldn't help but falling more for her everyday. It started as a crush, but my feelings got stronger over time. "You want to know a funny story?" I whispered, making figures on her back with my fingers. She nodded softly. "There once was a beautiful girl, with a best friend. Sometimes she would cry, and the boy hated to see her that way, but he didn't love her any less. Instead he started noticing more details everyday. How her eyes sparkled when she walked in the sun. How she was so passionate about the things she loved. Over time he started loving her more and more, but not in a friend way anymore."

I sighed. She looked up at me, with a smile. She was smiling again. "What are you smiling about?" I chuckled. "I think if the boy asked the girl if he could kiss her she would accept." She smiled. My heart started racing, as she was looking me right in the eyes. I felt my cheeks heating up and I couldn't take it anymore. I grabbed her chin connecting my lips to hers. I quickly pulled away. "Shit, sorry I should not have done that I-." I started stressing as my hand went trough my curls. "Lan..." I heard her whisper. "No, I'm sorry, that was inappropriate and I should've asked for you permission and-". She interrupted me. "Lando. Do it again." My heart stopped for a second, but then I smiled widely.

After another passionate kiss she cuddled up to me. "Y/n I've liked you for the longest time now, no screw like, I've been falling in love with you, more and more, since the day I met you. Will you please be my girlfriend?" I asked nervously. "Lando, I love you too. So much. I was scared to admit it cause I didn't want to lose you. Ofcourse I'll be your girlfriend dummy." She left a kiss on my chest. I kissed her head and we drifted of to sleep.