If I had the world in my hands ~ George Russel

Pov
I had been annoyed the whole day. Every little thing just pissed me of. Right now I was sitting in a corner at this stupid party, drowning myself in alcohol. Someone was talking to me, but I had my eyes on one specific person. George. He was dancing with a random girl, and it got me even more annoyed. At this point being super drunk, I took another gulp out of the vodka bottle and walked to the dance floor. The first boy that caught my eye was Daniel Ricciardo. Biggest player of them all, but I didn't care. I started dancing with him and we were having quite some fun, when I felt someone staring.

I looked to my left and saw George look at me with an angry expression. He came walking straight towards me. "What the hell have you done? You're piss drunk!" I chuckled slurring my words. "I'm having fun George! What do you care anyway? You surely didn't seem to care a few hours ago." My look becoming darker with the second. "You know I didn't mean that." His look became soft, guilty. "Oh, you didn't? You just said I was useless, for no apparent reason? Alright. You know what? Go fuck yourself George." I pushed the bottle of vodka into his hands.

*a few hours earlier*
"You're not listening to me!" I yelled back at him. "I am! I just don't understand what you're saying." George looked at me with a saddened expression. "You don't understand the fact that I just told you that I don't feel good about myself and you're making me very anxious? Alright." I started walking away. "This is useless! What do you want me to do!? You never let me in, how am I supposed to know what's going on in your head if you constantly push me away. Being your best friend is completely useless. Or maybe you just are!" Tears welled up in my eyes. "I just wanted you to be there for me." With that I slammed the door in his face.
*end of flahsback*

George Pov
I knew I shouldn't have said those things to her. I tried following her outside, but lost her in the crowd. I tried calling her, but it went to voicemail each time. I didn't know how to help her and it was killing me. I walked over to Carlos. "Can I ask you for some advice Carlos?" I looked at him with a serious expression. "Sure, what's up bro?" He took me to a bit quieter place. "How did you help Lando get through his panic attacks?" He looked at me confused, but started explaining anyway.

"Well first, I just tried to be there for him. Hugged him when he needed it, just took it step by step. And when he was ready for it we got him professional help. Sometimes he would ask me to come with, other times he'd shut me out. Bad days and good days. The thing I learned most is to just be there for him on his bad days, but especially to just enjoy the good days. Most of all never leave him completely alone. Why are you asking this?" He looked at me with a confused look. "She has it too Carlos. She told me earlier today. I'm so scared. I still haven't told her about my feelings either." He looked at me with a sympathetic smile.

"You should go after her. There's a chance she might be having an attack after a fight. I know Lando sometimes does. If she's not at her house she's probably somewhere where she feels safe. Somewhere with good memories." With that I gave him a hug to thank him and got into my car. I drove to her house but as Carlos suspected she wasn't there. I started thinking until the only logical place popped up in my head and I drove there as fast as I could. I parked my car at the usual parking spot and started walking. When the treehouse appeared I slowly climbed up. She was sitting there in a corner, hiding her face.

"Hey. It's okay. It's just me." I tried calming her down. "Go away George! Just leave me the fuck alone!" I teared up and got closer to her. "I'm not leaving." I hugged her from behind as she started fighting to get out of my grasp. I held onto her tightly and eventually she stopped and broke down. I started rocking her from side to side. "Hey. Shh. It's okay. Can you tell me what's happening inside your head? Only if you want to. No pressure." I stroked her hair and placed little kisses on her head.

"It just. I can't stop it, it won't stop George. Please make it stop." She cried. I whispered in her ear. "You are worth the whole world okay. I should've never said the things I said. I'm gonna be here for you okay? Whatever you need, I'll be there. I love you." My heart started beating faster as the 3 words slipped out. I was stressing out so much, that I didn't notice she had calmed down completely and taken my hand. I let her go and sat in front of her. She looked up at me her eyes still red, but with a glimpse of happiness.

"Do you mean that...?" She looked down and I saw her becoming anxious again. I lifted her chin up and put a strand of hair behind her ear. "Of course I mean it. You are so pretty and kind and I do not deserve you in my life. Like I said, you deserve the world and if I had the world in my hands I would give it all to you." She smiled softly and put her hands on my neck pulling me in. She placed her lips on mine moving them slowly. When she pulled away she rested our foreheads together. "I believe you."

I smiled at her. "So how about a proper date?" She nodded excitedly. "Pick you up at 9?" She looked up at me with sparkly eyes. "I'd love that." I smiled kissing her softly. And that was the beginning of our journey. We didn't know if it would last, but why should we care. Cause every day I still see her face and I always tell her the same thing.

"If I had the world in my hands..."