Take me away, just for a little while ~ Mick Schumacher

Pov
Working at a bar in a club is exhausting. Even more when there's an event in town and everyone starts coming to our club. Tonight was one of those nights. The bar was flooded and I tried to keep up with the orders. This was the busiest night we've had in years. I decided to ask someone what was going on. There was a young man sitting at the bar. Blue eyes and blond hair. I walked over and tapped his shoulder. "Excuse me, do you know what event was in town today? It's never been this busy." The young man looked confused and somewhat relieved.

"There was a formula one race at the new track here in Miami. I guess that's where all the people are coming from." He chuckled as I remembered. There was so much excitement for the new track. I wasn't really a fan of Formula one but I didn't hate it either. I did know the basics. It's litteraly 20 men that make cars go vroom in funny circles. I felt my hands start to shake as it got busier and busier. I walked over to my boss. "I'm going out for a smoke." I walked outside. I don't actually smoke, it's just an excuse I use to get outside during my shifts. I heard a familiar voice next to me. "You know if you're going out for a smoke, maybe you should actually smoke." He chuckled at me as I looked up at him.

He was something. He was actually nice, I guess. "Listen....?" He held out his hand. "Mick." I shook it softly, but turned my look more serious. "Listen, Mick, I'm not a barista who goes for a quick fuck so if that's why you're here you might as well give up now." As I finished my sentence his smile became wider and wider. "I'm not here to fuck you sweetheart. I came here to get away from track. Everyone is just a bit emotional over me crashing." He smirked as I put my hand over my mouth. "Oh my god! You're one of the 20 drivers aren't you?!" I practically panicked realizing the way I just talked to him. He just laughed nodding.

I started heading inside again, but he stopped me. "How late are you done with work?" I turned around confused. "Uhm, 1am, why?" He looked up again, but smoothly changed his plans. "Nothing. Have a great rest of your shift, love." I blushed slightly as he walked away. I got back to work and it was pretty stressful. At the end of my shift it wasn't as busy as before luckily, so I could leave on time. I said goodnight to my colleagues and boss and walked outside into the cold breeze. I looked up and there were millions of stars. I smiled softly since the stars have been a passion of mine.

"It's beautiful isn't it?" I jumped, but saw the same boy again. "Oh my god, you scared the shit out of me. Mick was it right?" I chucked. "Yeah." I looked at him. "Why are you still here? Shouldn't you be back by now?" He looked down. "I wanted to wait for you. You didn't know who I was and I love that. You're insanely beautiful and seem like such a kind an amazing person. I was hoping to walk you home, so you'd arrive safely. But I guess if you're busy I'll leave you to it." I smiled at his kind words. "I do have a shift tomorrow so I didn't want to stay up too late. But. Take me away, just for a little while." His eyes shot up and I held out my hand.

He gladly took it. We walked through the city hand in hand. It was strangely comforting. I barely know the guy. That's when the anxiety started taking over. I barely knew him, it could be some kind of joke. He could be a murderer. I fastly let go of his hand as tears welled up in my eyes. "Hey, what's wrong?" He stood in front of me trying to cup my cheeks but I backed away. "Mick. I don't even know you. This is a really bad idea." His look turned sad. "I know, I'm sorry." He held his hand as I looked at him confused.

He took my hand shaking it. "Hi. My name is Mick Schumacher. I am 23 years old and I'm a Formula one driver. I drive for the Haas F1 team and I'm trying to follow in the footsteps of my dad. My dad is Michael Schumacher. I'm from Germany and I love goofing around. I love my family more then anything and I enjoy taking adventures. I travel a lot which is hard for me and the people I love." I smiled softly. "Thank you." He handed me a note with his phone number. "No problem." He whispered as I looked down at the note. When I looked up he was gone.

Mick Pov
I hated that I had to leave the girl behind. She was pretty and she didn't care about who I was. I went to bed shutting my phone off. Tomorrow was another day of training. When I woke up the next morning I checked my messages. I had one new message of an unknown number. I opened it and smiled immediately.

Hi Mick. I'm sorry for freaking out on you yesterday. I just find it hard to trust people. I hope to come to track soon, so we can start over. Maybe start the rest of our lives. If you want of course. Anyway, good luck.

And that was where our story started. You can imagine the rest.