Opened. ~ George Russell

Pov
Snap? Opened. Message? Opened. He keeps opening every message but never responds. I don't know what I did, or if it's even something I did. We keep falling out of touch more and more, with the day. I'm pretty sure that he won't even notice if I just left. Or maybe he would notice, but just not care. I know I was thinking unfair, but I can't really help it. And it kept getting worse. Everything. I kept messing up at work, then they fired me. Had to live with my parents again.

And then a week ago, the worst thing possible happened. Dad had a heart attack. The doctors tried everything to keep him alive, but it was no use. He passed away. The first thing I thought of was to call him. But there was a voice in my head, telling me he didn't care. I haven't spoken to him in weeks. I send him snaps, but I never get a reaction. I don't get back goofy pictures anymore, or sweet messages when I'm feeling sad. I guess he was too fed up with taking care of me. I know I would grow tired, if I had to be friends with me.

That's when I went completely M.I.A. Losing dad was the hardest thing I've had to go trough so far. Dad meant everything to me. He was my whole world. Lando sometimes visited me, but I always tried to stay strong. He didn't know how deeply I had fallen for George. But then on a really bad day, he came to visit and I broke down. So I told him everything. I told him about my feelings for George and how George wouldn't even care if I disappeared. Maybe that's what I needed. To just disappear for a while. I told Lando about my plan.

"I think it'll be good for you. You should do it. Take as long as you need." I smiled at him. "I'm not gonna tell anyone where exactly I'm going. I won't take a phone." He nodded and left the house. I started to pack my stuff and booked a ticket to Croatia. It's somewhere I've always wanted to go. I found a tiny beach house, to sleep for a period of time. When I arrived at the house I started looking for jobs in the area. That way I had an income and was able to stay as long as I needed. I got a job at a restaurant and the colleagues made me feel so welcomed.

Right now, I've been living in Croatia for almost 2 months. And I really don't want to go back. I built up a good life here, but it's time to head home. When I arrived at home, mom was waiting for me. I went over and hugged her. "I missed you kid." She held me tight and I didn't let go. "I missed you too, more then anything." She pulled away to look at me. "You look good. Rested for once." I chuckled at her words and sat down on the couch. She went to the kitchen and got two filled glasses. "Orange juice?" I asked with sparkly eyes. "Always." She handed me the glass as I started drinking right away.

"You know, Lando came to visit once. He said he told George that you went away for a while." I looked up. "Well, that's Lando. We both know he can't keep a secret." I chuckled. Mom looked at me for a second. "George came to visit. Every 2 days, he came to ask if there was any news on you. If we had heard from you." My eyes widened. "Oh. Okay. Is he coming today?" I hoped for the answer to be no but she nodded her head. As if he knew the doorbell rang and I ran upstairs. I heard mom open the door. "George, come on in." She said.

I put in my ear buds to drown out whatever they talked about. Then there was a knock on my door. "Who is it?" I spoke. "It's George, can I please come in?" I panicked for a second but eventually unlocked the door as he walked in. He went for a hug but I backed away. "I was worried sick about you." He looked down as I scoffed. "Oh all the sudden you care?" I turned away from him. He grabbed my wrist but I pulled away. "No! Stop! You left ME, remember? Not the other way around. My dad died and you didn't even come by to hug me. Lando was there, not you. You never even reacted to me, the least you could have done was just leave a message with, sorry that he passed away. But you couldn't even do that! Was that so much to ask for? Just a tiny message?" I shouted at him.

"Yes! Yes it was! You never ask how I'm doing!" He shouted back at me, but the regret instantly came onto his face. "That just shows that you really didn't care. All my snaps said "how are you doing?" Or "how was your day?" But ofcourse you wouldn't know cause you don't give a shit. I know I'm a self centered bitch! You know the worst thing about this, is that I came back to talk to you. Now get out of my house." My look turned cold. "That's not how I me-." He tried. "GET OUT!" I shouted at him furiously. Then eventually he walked out.

Lando Pov
For the first time in 2 months I got a message from her. I was immediately on my way to visit. When I arrived I saw George sitting on the front porch with red and swolllen eyes. I walked over to him. "Georgie, what's wrong?" I asked full of concern. "She hates me Lan. She absolutely hates me. She doesn't ever want to see me again."  He sobbed and I hugged him tightly. "Why don't you go home? I'll come visit later okay? Just need to talk to her for a moment." He nodded and got up walking to her car. I walked into the house and she came running right at me. "Omg Lan! I missed you so much!" I hugged her tightly. "I missed you too."

We talked for a while and eventually George came up in the conversation. "Why don't you let him in?" I asked her. "Because. He broke my heart Lando. Of course I want to let him in. I want to hug and kiss him and take him on dates, but he wasn't even there in my hardest time." She looked down and I debated wether I should tell her. "He wasn't there for a reason. But it's not my place to tell that. What are you going to do?" I asked her and she looked up. "I think I'm gonna go back to Croatia. I've built a home there. I'll come visit all the time, I promise. But I felt safe there." I smiled at her.

"I promised George I'd visit him. If you want you can come with. He kinda thinks that you hate him. I really think you two should talk things out because y'all would be adorable together." She chuckled. "Okay, I'll come. But if we talk, you have to give us some privacy." She laughed and I nodded. Soon we were in my car and driving to George's place. We had thought of an idea on the way there. She sat down on the porch and I walked into the house.

George Pov
I heard Lando come in and I got up from the couch. "Hey Lando." I greeted him. "Before we go gaming there's a present on the porch." I looked at him confused but walked outside. She was sitting there fumbling with her bracelet. "Hi." I croaked out. "Hey, please come sit down." I sat down next to her as far away as possible. "You can come closer, it's okay." I let out a shaky breath and sat a bit closer to her. "I'm sorry I didn't let you talk. I was just mad. Lando said there was a reason, but it wasn't his place to tell." She kept looking in front of her.

"There was. There was a guy, threatening to hurt you, if I came closer to you. He's been arrested now but he knew everything about you. Your address, your birthday. It scared the crap out of me so I stayed away. When your dad passed away, I wanted to run to you, to comfort and hold you." I started crying and she teared up. "Then why didn't you?" She asked. "He sent me a picture of you, from outside. I was so afraid of losing you." I sobbed and she wrapped her arms around me. "His name. It was Collin Kartney right?" I looked up in shock at the name. "How'd you know?"

"He's my ex boyfriend. Super abusive and obsessed with me. He's done this before." I looked at her and realized how close we really were. "Can I kiss you?" It slipped out, but her eyes were pure joy as she closed the gap. When we pulled away we heard Lando cheering inside. We both chuckled. "Wait. How are we going to do this? I'll be living hundreds of miles away, what if we lose contact again?" Her eyes showed panic. "I'm kinda rich you know? I'll come visit whenever you ask, but there's a catch tho." I chuckled as she looked confused and a bit scared. "What is it?" She asked.

"You'd have to date me." I chuckled and she pulled me in for another kiss as response. "I wouldn't mind." She smiled.