Do i know you? ~ Charles Leclerc

Charles Pov
"No stop!" She giggled under me as i tickled her. "Not till you admit that i'm better." I chuckled. "Okay! Okay! You're a better driver then Max." I stopped tickling her while she caught her breath. "I laid down on the floor next to her and looked to my side. She did the same and we looked at each other for a while. "I love you." I smiled as her eyes sparkled. "I love you too, you know that." She put her hand on my cheek. She kissed me softly and we both smiled into the kiss. We got up and i started making dinner.

Tears rolled down my cheeks at the memories. They came flashing through my head every day. And it hurt like hell. I did what i did every day. Went on a run, stopped at the way too familiar coffee shop. I never went in, just looked as she did her job. It would be no use to go in, cause she would just see me as another stranger asking for a cup of coffee.

She was laying in my arms as my hand ran through her hair. "Do you want to stay with me forever?" She asked softly as i smiled down at her. "I wouldn't know how to live without you. We'll get married one day at a beautiful location. Then we will have 3 kids. 2 boys and a girl." She chuckled. "We'll name the girl Julia, in honor of Jules." She smiled up at me. "You'd do that for me?" I teared up a bit at the thought of having a little girl with Jules's spirit dribbling around the house. "Of course i would. You're my whole life, Charlie."

I stared at her, while she gave a cone of ice cream to a little girl. I smiled at the memory and continued on my run. When i got home, Max was already there, cause we decided to hang out. "You went there again, didn't you?" He gave me a sympathetic smile. "Yeah, i know i'm not supposed to go in, but i wish i could. Just to talk to her, see if she still knows me." I looked down. His look became saddened. "I know, but we both know that's highly unlikely." I knew he was speaking the truth.

I sat on the couch as my phone ringed. "Charles Leclerc speaking." I said into the phone. "Mr. Leclerc, i'm afraid i have to inform you, that you're girlfriend has been in an accident. We called you since you're her emergency contact." My world seemed to fall apart before my eyes. "I'll be there in 10 minutes." My voice barely came out as a whisper. I got into my car as my eyes teared up. I drove to the hospital and walked to the reception. "I'm Charles Leclerc, i was called due to my girlfriend being in an accident?" She nodded and a doctor came up to me.

Max and i were playing Fifa as more memories went trough my head. "Max?" I asked pausing the game. "Yeah?" He looked at me confused. "Do you really think it's best for me to stay away. What if she's waiting for me? I just want to hug her one last time." He gave me a soft hug as i teared up. "Charlie, i know how hard it is. It's been 5 months, you really need to let go." I looked down. "I can't do that Max. We talked about getting married, about having kids. We built our future together. I don't understand how that could just disappear in the blink of an eye."

My heart started beating faster as the doctor walked towards me. "I'm really sorry. The accident affected her brain really bad. She doesn't remember the past 3 years. Which means she doesn't remember you. In all the cases like hers we've never seen them remember everything. In most cases it was just the best to let them go, cause it will confuse and upset them if they don't remember. I'm really sorry." My body felt numb as i collapsed in the waiting room. I lost her. And i'm never getting her back.

The next day i went on my run again and as usual i stopped at the cafe again. Only this time i walked in. I sat down at a table as she came up to me. She looked exactly the same, still beautiful as ever. "What can i get for you sir?" She asked me. Her voice sounding like music to my ears. "A cup of coffee and a cup of advice?" I looked up at her. "Coming right up, tho i gotta warn you. I'm not very good at the advice." I smiled as she walked away. She was wrong tho she was the best at giving advice.

"What am i supposed to do? I keep crashing and the team is disappointed in me." I looked at her as she took my hand. "Don't you dare let them get to you. You are one of the most talented drivers i know. And yes you crash sometimes, but doesn't everyone? This sport is your home. And you are bloody amazing at it love." She kissed my forehead as i smiled. "You're the only person to cheer me up." I whispered pulling her on top of me and kissing her lips softly.

"Okay so a cup of coffee for mister?" I looked up as she put the cup down. "Charles. Charles Leclerc." I held out my hand as she shook it. "Well, i'd tell you my name but it's already on my uniform." She chuckled. I took a sip from my coffee and was confused for a minute. "There's cinnamon in this." I looked up confused. "Oh yeah, you seemed like a cinnamon guy. Do you not like it? I can get you a new one." She offered as i gave her a smile. "No, i love it, it's my favorite." She looked up again and analyzed for a few seconds.

"Do i know you? I feel like i know you." She whispered