New Years Eve ~ Esteban Ocon

Pov
"8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1, HAPPY NEW YEAR!" I smiled at my friends as my one of my closest friends, Esteban, popped the champagne. Right away we heard the fireworks go off. I looked up at the sky that was filled with beautiful colors. I like the colors of the fireworks, they are so pretty, but every time I start to remember what happened. Tears welled up in my eyes as I got flashbacks.

*Flashback*
I smiled as my brother lit up the fireworks. The first shot went into the sky and exploded into a million pieces. The second shot suddenly shot to the right. The fireworks exploded right on the ground. Life was flashing before my eyes as the shots went everywhere. I heard the window shatter as a shot went trough it, we started running. Almost in slowmotion I saw my nephew getting hit in the stomach.
*end of flashback*

Next to me there was a loud bang. A firework. I felt my breathing getting heavier as I ran inside. I locked myself in a random bedroom. I heard knock on the door. "W-who is i-it?!" I shouted. "It's Este, can I come in?" I hesitated before unlocking the door. I sat down on the bed, tears rolling down my cheeks. "Hey. I know what you're thinking of. Nothing can go wrong okay? The firework are completely safe." He smiled standing up. "You coming?" I slowly stood up.

We walked outside as the fireworks immediately scared me. Esteban stood next to me and slowly took my hand calming me down. When the fireworks ended we all went into the backyard, where there was a Bluetooth box with salsa music on it. I just stood on the side looking how everyone was enjoying themselves when I heard a voice next to me. "Wanna dance?" He looked at me with a smile. "I don't dance." I chuckled. "I'll teach you." He took my hands and taught me how to dance.

Time flew by and soon it was half past 2. I had to go home. I walked over to Esteban. "Hey I gotta go home, but thank you for tonight, I had a lot of fun." I smiled. "Can't you stay? You can sleep here. Sleep in my bed, you can borrow a t-shirt and some sweatpants, I'll sleep on the couch, just please stay, I don't want you to go." He hugged me tightly. I blushed a deep shade of red. "Fine, I'll stay." We danced for a little longer and soon everyone started heading home.

Esteban looked at me as we were standing under the stars. We got lost in each others eyes as he spoke up. "You know, I wanted to ask you if you wanted to be my new years kiss." He got closer. "You should've." With that I let our lips touch. After a minute we both pulled away to catch our breath, but fastly got back to it as it turned into a make out session. We stumbled into his bedroom and things went from there.

I smiled laying on his chest. "That was amazing, we should do that more often." I smirked. "You should become my girlfriend, then we can do that as much as we want to." I chuckled. "Sure, I'll be your girlfriend." I kissed his cheek wrapping my arms around his waist. "Goodnight, Este." I closed me eyes. "Goodnight beautiful." With that I drifted off to a deep sleep.