Boss's daughter ~ Max Verstappen

Max Pov
Driving for RedBull has been amazing. My boss, Christian, helps me alot. Christian has been like a father figure to me. I basically had everything I ever wished for. Well... not everything. There was this girl. She was absolutely amazing. The first time I saw her, I was completely mesmerized. She was the most beautiful thing I had ever seen. But she was absolutely off limits. So I became her friend. I wanted so much more then just the friend phase. But it was just not possible. Christian never let anyone date his daughter.

Pov
I wish dad would just let me live. He never let me have a boyfriend. I had a massive crush on someone and I wanted to talk to him about it. I was 21, it was bullshit he didn't let me do what I wanted. "Dad?" I walked into the kitchen as he turned his head towards me. "Whats up love?" My nerves started kicking in. "I- I kinda have a crush on someone and I would actually really like to go out with hi-" I tried. "No. We've been over this." He cut me off. "I'm 21! I know that you want your little girl to stay with you, but I'm not little anymore! You have to let me go..." his look turned sad.

"I know, I just don't want you to get hurt." I looked up at him. "I'm pretty sure this person won't hurt me..." he looked at me confused. "What do you mean? Who is it? Do I know him?" He started bombarding me with questions. "Yeah you know him." I chuckled. "It's Max..." I looked down. This was the first time I said out loud that I had a massive crush on Max Verstappen. "Ah I see..." he shook his head. "Dad, please don't be mad or something I would just real-" he cut me off again. "I'm not mad. Max is a good guy. But. I want to talk to him first."

Max Pov
It was just another Friday as I walked though the security gates of track. I walked towards the RedBull garage and greeted everyone. Checo walked towards me with a serious look on his face. "Christian says he wants you in his office. It sounds like you're in trouble mate." He patted me on the back as I started overthinking while walking to his office. My hands were sweaty as I knocked on the door. "Ah, Max. Come in." I walked in with a nervous smile on my face.

"Sit." He motioned to the chair and I quickly sat down. I felt like a kid getting called into the principals office. "Did I do something...?" I asked hesitantly. "Someone told me, that you have a thing for my daughter..." He looked up at me with a blank expression. Well shit. Here we go. He's going to kick me out of my seat now, my career is over. "I'm so sorry sir-" I stammered as he burst out in laughter. "Max! Since when do you call me sir? And you have nothing to be sorry for. I just called you in here, because maybe you'd like to know she feels for you too. Take her out. But if you hurt her... I'll end you." The smile on his face dissappeared and I could tell he wasn't joking.

"I wouldn't dare hurting her. She's the sweetest and if anyone lays a finger on her I'll kill them myself." I nodded at him as we shook hands. Christian is so important to me and so is his daughter. My father always expected the best of me, so I never really had the father-son moments with him. Christian gave that to me. I once pressed a cake in his face and ran away. He chased after me and tackled me. My dad never did that, he would just get annoyed at how I wasn't spending my time on racing. Don't get me wrong, I love my dad and I wouldn't be where I am today without him. I just wish he'd spend some of his time with me.

After practice I went to the hotel and cleaned up. I put on a suit and bought a bouquet of red roses and a bottle of wine. Then I drove to Christian's house. I rang the doorbell, as Christian opened the door. "Honey, Max is here!" I smiled handing him the bottle of wine. She came walking down the stair looking beautiful as ever as my breath caught in my throat. I coughed and handed her the flowers. "These are for you." She smiled taking them and handing them to her mother who put them in a vase. "You ready?" She nodded shyly.

I walked her to my car and opened the door for her. We drove to the restaurant I had booked for us. When we got there I once again opened her door and offered my hand to help her out of the car. She took it as my stomach started feeling weird at the touch. We went into the restaurant and ate some delicious food. Dessert came and the restaurant gave us a love dessert, which we got to share. I fed her tiny bites of ice cream never breaking the eye contact. When we were done eating I paid the bill and walked her outside. When we got outside, we walked to my pick up truck. I drove us to a specific spot that was very special to me.

We were out in the middle of a field as I got blankets out of the back seat putting them in the trunk where we laid down. I looked at the sky at the millions of stars. Studying the stars had always been a secret passion of mine. I knew nearly everything about them. "It's beautiful..." she whispered looking up too. Our hands connected and our fingers intertwined. I smiled to myself. "That's Saturn." I pointed at a 'star'. "How do you know?" She looked at me confused. "Stars flicker, planets don't. If you look closely you'll see it doesn't flicker. They are also brighter then normal stars. As for the position, I just know." I shrugged my shoulders.

"That's actually really impressive. What about that one? It's flickering, but it's brighter then the rest." She pointed at the sky as I smiled. "That's Polar. Also called the Northern star. Wherever you go, if you see that star and make a fictional line down to the horizon, you'll always be pointing north. Long ago captains of ships would use it to know which way they had to go." She turned on her side to look at me, as I did the same. "Thank you, for tonight." I smiled softly placing a strand of hair behind her ear. "Thank you for taking a change on me. Your dad has always been like a father to me and I thought you saw me as a sister. But now that I know you don't..." my hand rested on her cheek as we both slowly leaned in.

Our faces were only millimeters apart. I could fee her breath on my lis and she could feel mine. I closed my eyes before closing the gap. Our lips moved in synch and the whole world seemed to stop. We eventually pulled away, having to catch our breaths. I stood up putting on a cd in my car. I held out my hand as she took it with a smile. We danced under the stars the night. The stars became our thing. I took her home and we are now three years further. She was now my girlfriend and had moved in with me. But I was still on my way to her house.

Christian opened the door with a smile as I sat down on his couch. "Max, what's going on?" He gave me a reassuring nod. "Christian, you have been like a father to me my whole life. Your daughter makes me the happiest man alive. I came here to respectfully ask if you'd want to become my father in law. I'm asking for your daughters hand, promising to cherish and love her forever." I looked down scared for the answer but he pulled me into a hug. "Max I would love nothing more. You are very welcome in this family and we'll always love you as our own." I teared up. "I wanna see that ring tho." I chuckled at Christian pulling the little box out.

"She'll love it. Just as much as she loves you." He hugged me again and 2 month later Christian walked her down the isle. We said our vows and went on a honeymoon. Some 'events' went down there and about 9 months after we had brought a beautiful girl into this world. As for my wife, she was not just my boss's daughter anymore. She was the love of my life, the light in my dark, the mother of my child and my whole world. I wouldn't know how to survive without her. Every night we'd still look up at the stars and find our own. Life is beautiful and I am lucky enough to say:

"I got to date the boss's daughter."