𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐨𝐧𝐞

YOU AND LEVI TAKE A THIRD

shot together. While you cringe at the burning in your throat Levi licks his lips and chases it with beer. The more you drank the more you realized how fucked up you were from the last drink. It was too late and you were starting to laugh.

Levi gives you a look and brings the lime to his mouth to bite into. You watch the way he doesn't even flinch from the shot or the sour citrus fruit. He was good at not showing any reaction that was for sure.

"What's funny?" he asks.

"That I'm here.." you stop laughing and slump in the seat you have sat in for about an hour. After Levi's little burst you didn't speak much, only when needed to not be that annoying. "I'm surprised you stayed." you hum and take a drink from your margarita.

Levi looks at you then at your fingers in your lap fumbling with one another, it seemed like a nervous tick.

"Mhm." is all he says and brings the beer to his lips and takes a gulp.

A group of girls walk behind you and you could hear them whispering to each other, taking quick glances at Levi who was not giving them the time of day. He looked forward and once again his jaw tenses for a split second as if he knew that they were paying attention to him. Not that he wanted it. He found it quite weird.

"I'm sorry you had a shitty week." you say.

A sigh leaves his lips, "Not your fault."

"Then whose fault is it?" the words flow out before you could second guess saying them. You could only assume that Levi would get angry about you overstepping so quickly. Your body becomes tense and hoped he wouldn't embarrass you right here.

"After a week I have officially moved out of my fiancée's house today. Ex-fiancée." he corrects himself and now you could understand some of his pain. Why he hasn't shown any emotion at all. Or that must just be his personality.

"Oh." is all that you could say. 

"Yeah. Oh."

"I caught my boyfriend cheating on me." you blurt and blame your lack of thinking on all the alcohol that must be going to your brain. "Like.. almost two hours ago?" you question your sense of time. Was it really that long ago?

"That's why I was laughing... two hours ago I still had a boyfriend.. and now I don't even have a place to stay tonight."

The knowing silence comes over you two again. It was as if you two were under the same dark cloud of getting out of a serious relationship. Even though you didn't know his reason, you could sympathize.